Thread: What are the different kinds of Unlimited Plans of GPRS in India?

What are the different kinds of Unlimited Plans of GPRS in India?

I have recently bought brand new phone just for the purpose of accessing internet. Actually I love accessing internet especially checking out my notifications and sharing things on facebook, twitter and other social networking sites. But now the problem is that I am not well aware of any GPRS plan of any service provider. So can anyone of you help me knowing the detailed information about the different unlimited plans of GPRS available in India? Make sure that only let me know the unlimited plan and not any other plan.

Re: What are the different kinds of Unlimited Plans of GPRS in India?

Yes there a several different GPRS plans that are provided by several different service providers. If you prefer to buy a SIM card on the basis of the best GPRS plan then I would suggest you to go for TATA Docomo. This is currently being the best service provider of internet in your mobile phone. Most of the Indian people are selecting TATA Docomo for activating GPRS into their phone.

According to their Unlimited Plan you can have a 24x7 GPRS activate in your phone for the price of Rs.15. then I would also suggest you to go for the Rs. 95 plan which is valid for a whole month. Then if you want the connection for 21 days then you can select the plan of Rs. 53 and for 15 days you can select Rs. 48 plan.

Hey I would like to tell you something important. Firstly, there are no such unlimited plans provided by TATA Docomo. No doubt the above given plans are correct but however there are certain limitations with the data usage. As for example, with the Rs. 15 plan you will be given the limit of 500 MB with 3 days of validity and with Rs. 95 plan there is a limit of 2GB free usage with the validity of 30 days. However in the above given information the validity and the plan amount has been mentioned correctly the only think lacking is the list of free usage details. Anyways I would let you know the complete details of the data plan by TATA Docomo. TATA DOCOMO Data Plans.

I am not getting you, if there are no unlimited plans available with TATA Docomo then how come they say that they have such plans with them with several different amounts. Anyways if there is no such plan with TATA Docomo then I guess there would be at least some other service provider who might be providing such unlimited plans. I am strictly looking out an unlimited plan with unlimited usage. I don’t want to feel worried while utilizing every single KB.

For your kind information let me tell you that not just TATA Docomo but none of the services provider in India provides its customer with any unlimited plans. All of them follow the same rule. And also let me tell you that the reason why they sell their data plans saying as unlimited plan is because they know that the user is never going to cross the limit of free data usage within the allotted time period that they get. If in case you cross the free data usage they them might charge 10p/ 10KB in every plan. However exceeding the data plan quite not possible.

I would strictly suggest you to stay with Rs.98. this is what currently I am sharing in my mobile phone. Instead of paying Rs.95 for 2 GB data usage it is better you pay Rs.3 more and get 2 GB extra with the same validity. 10p/10KB will however remain the same for all other plans. Just manage to use your plan in limit.

I don’t think the case is same with all network providers. There are unlimited plans those certain company providers. Might be Docomo is not doing the same but Aircel is surely providing their users with unlimited plans. I am one of those customer. Yes I am following its one of the official data plan for Rs.98 where I get the validity of 30 days with no limitations on data usage. In fact over the above I also get an additional free benefit of 30 regional and 10 international songs.

If the complete prepaid data plan table as far as I know there are around three unlimited plans and two limited plans with no extra charges.

For complete details of Aircel you can visit their official site.

Below is the list of sites of different network provider who possible provides a unlimited GPRS service. You can either contact their customer care or directly choose any of the plan and activate them into your mobile phone. Which ever plan you have liked just purchase the SIM card from the Customer Care center and ask them to activate the plan for you.
    AIRTEL GPRS

LOOP GPRS
    These two are the plans which according to me are very much best at their places.

Guys..all the provider and their support says that the plans are unlimited and even I'm using Airtel and when I spoke with one of the reps they mentioned rs 98 for a month and unlimited usage. So, again I ask them it is unlimited and they said the name of the plan is unlimited but we can use 2 GB of usage and if exceeds 10p/kb I think..Also, Aircel unlimited is for 3G and not GPRS..anyway check that twice before you subsribe

Quote Originally Posted by bond19 View Post
    Guys..all the provider and their support says that the plans are unlimited and even I'm using Airtel and when I spoke with one of the reps they mentioned rs 98 for a month and unlimited usage. So, again I ask them it is unlimited and they said the name of the plan is unlimited but we can use 2 GB of usage and if exceeds 10p/kb I think..Also, Aircel unlimited is for 3G and not GPRS..anyway check that twice before you subsribe
    Thanks very much for the information, I use vodafone data plan that comes for Rs. 99 which already mentions that it will have 1gb of limit for 30 days, and once it is finished or used up then we are immediately transferred to normal gprs options of 10 paise per kb or something. I also normally check the data usage by dialing - *111# and then choosing 5th option of data plan and then choosing 2nd option of usage, which gives how much data is still left and can be used.