Thread: Tata Sky HD unlimited USB recording started?

Tata Sky HD unlimited USB recording started?

I have Tata Sky HD and I am using it from past 5 months. I like the service very much and I am happy with it. Recently I heard that Tata Sky will be making unlimited USB recording feature available with their service. I am very excited about this service as now I can record my favorite TV shows to watch them later whenever I wish to. But I didn’t see its details anywhere, nor in any newspaper or neither in any other source. I wanted to ask people out here if this unlimited USB recording for Tata Sky HD will be available or is it just rumor?

Re: Tata Sky HD unlimited USB recording started?

The news is true and it will be launched soon. Tata Sky has not revealed any information regarding the unlimited USB recording service yet, but I think that in this year they will launch this service. Many people are excited about this service as they will now be able to record their favorite shows in an USB pen drive and carry them anywhere they want. We will now be able to view our favorite shows at a leisure time. I am waiting for this feature so that I can record The Big Bang Theory and watch it whenever I want.

If this unlimited USB recording feature is made available for I will be able to record my favorite TV shows that I miss due to late working hours. I like to watch Tarak Mehta ka Oolta Chashma which is shown at 8.30 pm. But I always miss it. Now I can set the timer and record it and then watch at night when I am having dinner. This is a good feature that will change the experience of watching television and daily series. I think that one who will have subscribed to this service won’t miss his favorite shows with this scheme, I am ready to buy this service for any amount of money required.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

It would be great if we would be able to record the shows in the USB drive and then transfer it over PC to watch it in my computer. This will be helpful as while travelling I can record my favorite shows and watch them in my laptop. I too am eager for this feature and I hope it isn’t much expensive. Also it would be great if I could record late night football matches and watch them during day. I am big fan of Real Madrid F.C. Since this football club is located in Spain and I live in India, I always miss their matches due to late night timings. But now I can record them and watch whenever I want.

This will be helpful as while travelling I can record my favorite shows and watch them in my laptop
    I don’t think that we will be able to play these videos in laptop or any other device other than Tata Sky set top box. If facility to play the recorded videos in PC is made so easy, people will record shows from TV and might launch them on internet. This might also lead to violation of copyrights. Thus, I think that the video will be protected and only play in the Tata Sky set top box. Maybe they will provide some application for PC to play these videos without any way of getting them out for copying on any other source.