Thread: Tata Sky+ HD providing wireless ethernet for Video on Demand service

Tata Sky+ HD providing wireless ethernet for Video on Demand service

Recently I received an notification on my Tata Sky+ HD that service providers have made available video on demand service if proper hardware is provided. I want to know that what devices are needed to video on demand using the wireless connection. I have tried to connect home router to STB spoils, but it didn’t work properly. I have also tried using Netgear Wi-Fi bridge dongle which gives out Wi-Fi signals using a Wi-Fi router. This method worked, but I didn’t find it as efficient as needed. Can anyone suggest me some good hardware to get the video on demand service properly?

Re: Tata Sky+ HD providing wireless ethernet for Video on Demand service

You can also try using Netgear N150 Wireless WNA1100 USB Adapter which has in-built antenna which provides frequency 2.4 GHZ. It comes with USB 2.0 connector and also provides encryption like WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK and WEP. The best part is that it provides transfer rate of 150 mbps. You can use this device to achieve the video on demand service using the wireless Ethernet connection. I have used this adapter and it provides a good streaming facility. I suggest you to use this to get seamless transmission of the videos from your Tata Sky+ HD to any computer or laptop in your house. I used to use this on computer with Windows 7 installed on it. It performed very well. But some people said that it worked much better when used on computer with Linux.

I have used VAP11G IEEE802.11b/g Wi-Fi Bridge and I can tell you from my experience that it is a good device to stream videos on demand from Tata Sky + HD. It is connected to the computer using USB wire. No installation or power supply is required to make it work. It provides a good security to the streaming as the data will be transmitted using Wi-Fi. It provides 64 bit and 128 bit encryption. The power it consumes is between 5 V to 15 V depending on the process it is working on. Also the frequency it provides is very high, that is, 2.4 GHz. With 1 meter of wire, VAP11G IEEE802.11b/g Wi-Fi Bridge can be placed far away from computer where it provides best frequency. Also you can install the software of this adapter to make it work with almost any known operating system.

I too think that VAP11G IEEE802.11b/g Wi-Fi Bridge will be better for your need. It takes nearly two or three minutes to configure and install itself in the computer you want to install. Also the size of this device is small which makes it easy to fit it in small spaces. The only drawback of this device is that you have to configure it in each and every PC. If you want to have internet on your television to be streamed from your computer, then let me tell you that this feature is weak in this adapter. Also there is no connectivity for connecting printer and scanner using VAP11G IEEE802.11b/g Wi-Fi Bridge. So I think that this device is useful only if you need it for some basic use and not advanced purpose.