Thread: How to configure Airtel modem Beetel 110tc1 for MTNL broadband?

How to configure Airtel modem Beetel 110tc1 for MTNL broadband?

Hey friends can anyone tell me whether it is really possible to configure an Airtel Modem for a MTNL broadband connection. I do have a MTNL broadband connection present at my home with a well working modem and a router that I got with the connection. The modem I have is 300 R2U and the router is WRT54G2. Recently my friends suggested me to try out some other modem from Airtel and configure it with the broadband.

However now I have purchased an Airtel Beetel 110tc1 modem. Now the issue is very simple, I am not able to get the modem port forward on 300R2U. Not just this, over all I have completely failed to configure the modem and so I came here believing that I might get some help from you. So please whoever have any information about configuring the Airtel modem with MTNL broadband connection just let me know.

Re: How to configure Airtel modem Beetel 110tc1 for MTNL broadband?

You are lucky enough to get the entire information about whatever you need as I am the one who is well aware of configuring Airtel modem with a broadband connection and most interestingly I too have a Beetel 110tc1 modem with me and I have already managed to configure it for a MTNL broadband. Just follow up my instructions and do as mentioned below and make sure that you let me know the result after following the entire steps:
    • Firstly, from your modem browse the configuration panel. This is nothing to just make your broadband connection work properly by setting up all the necessary connection parameters.
    • In order to get the connection work you need to know your modem’s IP address, just enter this IP address in the web browser
    • You must be well aware that normally the IP address is always set to a common numbering i.e. 192.168.1.1. Anyways, whatever you IP address maybe just enter it and then enter your account details including your user id and password.
    • If you have never changed your ID and password then I guess entering the default ID and password may work, default ID could be admin and password could be admin or the password could be password. Again I am telling you, enter the above User ID and password only if you didn’t change them manually.
    • Now go to Interface Setup and then enter Internet page, now in this page make sure that you do the necessary changes only in the fields that is mentioned below.
      1. Virtual Path Identifier (VPI) = 0
      2. Virtual Channel Identifier (VCI) = 35
      3. Lastly Enter the PPPoE Details, User id and password are the mandatory ones. Make sure that you know the detail.
    • If in case you do not have the user id and password you can easily get it from the Service provider. These details are actually given to the users by internet provider.
    • You are done with the configuration, now I guess you should be easily able to get your Beetel modem configured and also you should be able to connect to the internet.

That’s the perfect suggestion you can get my friend, if I would have seen you thread earlier definitely I would have suggested you with the same steps with some extra additional information which according to me is very much necessary for a person to know while configuring the modem.

Making appropriate changes with some of the Fields within the Internet page is fine but I guess you need to know few more things about those fields. About VPI and VCI (Virtual Path Identifier and Virtual Channel Identifier) let me tell you that both these fields values are never the same for all different broadband connections. I mean to say that both the values differ according to the ISP providers. I am not sure about MTNL but for BSNL the VPI and VCI values are 0 and 35 respectively and for Airtel its 1 and 32. I first had BSNL and now I am with Airtel, this is why I know the values of those fields so well. If you do not have any idea about these values for your ISP do not worry either contact your ISP or you can also get it from internet with a mild search.

Entering your modem’s user id and password sometimes becomes quite difficult if you have set it by yourself and forgot. Therefore it is always suggested to keep your router/modem’s user id and password as simple as possible or keep it as default. Anyways if in case while configuring you forgot your user id and password better you prefer a hardware reset to factory setting to get your modem work. For resetting the modem you need to press the reset button that can be done with the help of pointed things. The reset button is placed at the back of the modem.

Do not just hit the button and leave, make sure that you press the button for a while until the modem restarts automatically. This is the best thing that is suggested while configuring. If you reset your modem you will not have to take the pain of remembering user id a password. Another advantage for you with the reset option is that other settings of the modem also reset to the default information. Better you reset the modem before you try to configure it.