Thread: Does Airtel gives good internet in Pallikaranai area?

Does Airtel gives good internet in Pallikaranai area?

I am a resident of Mumbai and the place where I live, I was using internet service provided by Airtel. But now due to professional requirements, I will need to shift myself at Pallikaranai which is a small town in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. There too I will need to have a connection of internet for purpose of communicating with my family who will be still staying in Mumbai, for my professional use and also for entertainment. As I mentioned that I had been using internet provided by Airtel, I am well satisfied by their services and their schemes. They give a good connectivity with good download speed of 1 MBps. I wanted to ask that will I get internet service of Airtel even at Pallikaranai in Tamil Nadu? If yes, then will the scheme and the services be same or different from that in Mumbai.

Re: Does Airtel gives good internet in Pallikaranai area?

I too am a resident of Chennai and I live in Kovilambakkam which is near Pallikarnai and Airtel does not provide internet connection in Pallikarnai. Yes, I use Airtel’s broadband internet in Kovilambakkam and I get speed of 2 mbps. I too agree that service provided by Airtel is good but I can’t guarantee you that the broadband plans and schemes that are available in Mumbai will be available in Pallikarnai. But you can use the wireless internet connection in Pallikarnai as the network of Airtel is proper and good in this area. My suggestion is that if you are visiting Chennai on temporary basis, assuming for around one year, then I suggest that you live in Kovilambakkam if you will be living in a temporary residence for using Airtel’s broadband internet. Also the wireless internet is expensive as compared to the broadband connection. Also in period of three years of my usage of Airtel’s broadband internet, I faced very less technical problem. Once the wire outside my home was broken due to some minor construction work, and twice there was some problem with the settings of my modem. But the technician also responded quickly after registering a complaint. So in short, Airtel’s service in Chennai is very good, but it is not available for the area in which you are to visit, that is, Pallikarnai.

Re: Does Airtel gives good internet in Pallikaranai area?

I live in Chennai and I use BSNL’s broadband connection. This connection is available for every area in Chennai and they make no exception for Pallikarnai. You can ask the local BSNL telecom centre about the details of the internet connection in Pallikarnai. In past four years, I have used three different plans of internet provided by BSNL. All the plans that I used are very much suitable for use of internet in a house. The first internet plan that I used was BSNL Chennai BB Home 500 CS5 Plan which gives speed of 2 Mbps at present. It allows download of only 2.5 GB per month. After finishing download of 2.5 GB, you will be charged 20 paisa for every MB of data you use. The monthly charge of this scheme is Rs. 500 and also yearly, two years and three years payment plan is available. I also used BSNL Chennai BB Home ULD 750 CS7 Plan once for couple of months. This too is a good internet plan for you. It gives download speed of 2 Mbps till download of first 8 GB of data and later gives download speed of 512 kbps. It provides unlimited data usage. The monthly cost for this pan is Rs. 700. This scheme also has options for making payment for yearly, two yearly and three yearly services. The current scheme which I am using at my home is the BSNL Chennai BB Home ULD 900 CS8 plan. This is one of the fastest broadband plans provided by BSNL in Chennai. I get download speed of 4 Mbps for first 8 GB and there after get speed of 512 kbps. The monthly cost for this plan is Rs. 900 and this too has option of yearly, two yearly and three yearly payment options. This scheme also provides unlimited data usage. Hope, you find these useful during your stay in Pallikarnai.