Thread: Planning to buy a new USB GSM Modem

Planning to buy a new USB GSM Modem

Hey there I am planning to get a new USB GSM Modem for my self. So I just want to know what is the speed that I would be getting with the different providers that’s what I want to know from you all, so can you all please tell me something about it. also do let me know if there would be any connectivcity problems or not.

Re: Planning to buy a new USB GSM Modem

See it depends upon which network are you using. Like if you are going wih the 3G network then the speed that you will be getting is upto 21 mbps while in 2G you will be hardly getting upto 256kbps that’s it not more than that. Now talking about the connectivity issues again it depends upon which carrier are you having and also the location where you are in exactly. All these factors do get counted for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AbhayD View Post
    See it depends upon which network are you using. Like if you are going wih the 3G network then the speed that you will be getting is upto 21 mbps while in 2G you will be hardly getting upto 256kbps that’s it not more than that. Now talking about the connectivity issues again it depends upon which carrier are you having and also the location where you are in exactly. All these factors do get counted for sure.
    So can you all tell me with which carrier should I go ahead. I did understand what are you trying to say here but I want to know which carrier provides me a good 3G connection, do you all know anything about it, that’s what I am asking?

Carriers like reliance and TATA are very good in signal strengths. Especially reliance is good in providing 3G connectivity. So you can opt for that if you want to. So that is one option that you can go with second comes TATA and third for me is Vodafone all of them have a descent 3G network in India. So now the choice is yours with which you want to go ahead.