Thread: Configuring Binatone airtel modem for BSNL

Configuring Binatone airtel modem for BSNL

I have tried a lot to be good with BSNL but they keep on harassing me with unsatisfactory services and devices. The first painful thing was that I got the BSNL landline delivered at my place after some 10 to 12 days from the time I ordered.

And now the main issue is that I am unable to configure my Binatone modem (54M ADSL2+), tried a lot but failed all the time. Also tried at BSNL exchange itself by one of the BSNL expert but even they failed. Now I am fed of BSNL and now this the last time I am going to try out for suggestion and if this time I fail I will seriously switch to some other brand.

Re: Configuring Binatone airtel modem for BSNL

I do agree with you completely, even I am one of you who is trying to configure Binatone airtel modem for BSNL but still failed to do so. I have a gut feeling that there might be some mistakes committed by me while trying out the settings let me list down the setting I have done, and if possible please let me know whether I have done it correctly or not.
    • Virtual circuit: PVC2
    • VPI/VCI: 0/35
    • ATM QoS: UBR
    • ISP: PPPoA/PPPoE
    • Service name: DATAONE
    • username:
    • password:
    • Encapsulation: PPoE LLC
    • Bridge: Deactivated
    • Connection: Always ON
    • TCP MSS: 0 Bytes
    • IP: Dynamic
    • NAT: Enable
    • Default Rout: YES
    • TCP MTU: 1500 Bytes
    • Dynamic Route: RIP2-B
    • Direction: Both
    • Multicast: Disabled

So according to me I am sure that there is nothing wrong with you setting they have been done as per the requirement. But as you can see that you have not mentioned the entered User ID and password in your settings (obviously no would display it in an open source area), I mean to say that there could be possibilities of committing some mistakes by you while entering the user id and password. Did you enter the User ID as username@bsnl.in or you just entered the simple user_name, I guess simple user_name is thecorrect format to enter the user ID. So make sure that you have entered the user id correctly.

• TCP MTU: 1500 Bytes
    • Dynamic Route: RIP2-B
    • Direction: Both
    • Multicast: Disabled
    I would suggest you to try out the settings with lowering the MTU value from 1500 to some 1492 or 1484 or 1476 or something like that.

Also try out the LAN mode first and then later on try the similar modem less wifi.

Let me tell you that the internet light mode is however ON and I am also able to ping internet sites from the modem interface itself that too successfully, but I am somehow unable to browse internet from my laptop. And also I would like to tell you that I tried testing with the BSNL modem in order to configure and guess what? Everything worked fine.

I am not using the wifi in this current airtel modem as I have been only testing in wired modem only. And as said above the BSNL modem which I tried testing was also wired one and not with wifi connection. Actually I also have a reliance netconnect+ data card, just wanted to ask you that whether it will create any issue or conflict with the existing setting I have?

The first and the for most thing I would suggest you is to check out the MSS/ MTU value and try changing it to the decrement values with the difference of 8 stepping down.

I should tell you that I used Beetel 220BXI or Beetel 450BXI unit in order to get connected to BSNL broadband and i successfully did it without facing any issue. I was easily connected to internet using that modem. You know the Binatone DTW 845W wifi router is almost similar to WA3002_g1/Beetel450TCI/ SAM 300AX and with some more models with just few minor variations.

Actually I also have a reliance netconnect+ data card, just wanted to ask you that whether it will create any issue or conflict with the existing setting I have?
    Having a Reliance netconnect+ data card probably do not have any impact or create any issue.

Just make that you check out the following thing and note down if found anything other than my suggestion.
      1. First of all just check out the firmware version that is shown up on the top of the status page, is it 4-0Q-016?
      2. Get into Access Management sub menus and check whether there are any airtel related entries or not
      3. ACL and CWMP Disable
      4. Try changing the MTU value to 1480 or revert to 1500
      5. Check the Diagnostics page, ALL Pass
      6. Also select PVC0 and so on one by one and then deactivate them except PVC2

Do some random R&Ds:
    • If you are on PPPOE mode try switching to 1483 bridging. And also if possible try out the modem/router in any of friend’s PC.
    • And all over to this the wildest trial you could do is try out PVC0 with Bsnl vpi/vci 0 and 35. All PVC's will show same snr/attn except WAN details and at the end the ADSL status will show CONNECTED.