Thread: Do Nettalk device work with broadband with Modem only?

Do Nettalk device work with broadband with Modem only?

I ordered a nettalk device from abroad recently 2 days ago, hope you all know that it actually works like an IP telephone. But I am very much keen to see it working at my place.

I tried to connect it but got bit confused. It says that according to the requirements we need to have a router and an internet connection, a broadband is required. Not the problem is that I have a broadband only with modem and I normally whenever I want to connect to internet using the modem I enter a User ID and password. First and the for most thing I would like to know is do you really think that this device will surely work with the broadband connection existing at my place.

Also I would like to know whether the BSNL wireless Modem already has a built in router along with it.

Re: Do Nettalk device work with broadband with Modem only?

You need to simple configure your modem in PPPoE mode; this will help you to store the user ID and the password in the modem. This is restricting you to again and again enter the user name and password whenever you establish the connection in order to access the internet.

Also I would like to know whether the BSNL wireless Modem already has a built in router along with it.
    And for your above question I would like to tell you that yes BSNL wifi modem or wireless modem do have a built in routers. So you need not have to worry, you can simply connect you nettalk device to the BSNL modem.

You need an addition ADSL modem, usually ut300r2U for Rs 1000/- plus taxes

Or you can also go for a three in one:
    ADSL modem + router + wifi. For you kind information let me tell you that BSNL supplies WA3002-g4 usually for Rs 1600 + taxes.

Not the problem is that I have a broadband only with modem and I normally whenever I want to connect to internet using the modem I enter a User ID and password.
    So you mean that you normally keep the computer system ON to connect. If it’s so then that not needed if you set it once in "Always On" mode.

I already sent a nettalk duo to Chandigarh some few days ago. The problem was that the BSNL router+Modem combo was actually not working with it, let me tell you that BSNL is my ISP. Anyways what I did was installed the router i.e. IBall Baton IB-WRA150N (ADSL2+Router) N Series, actually it’s a modem plus router combo and it comes with some 3 years warranty. And let me tell you that this router works perfectly with the Nettalk device without creating any issue. I would better suggest you go on with this router.

I already sent a nettalk duo to Kolkata some few days ago. The problem was that the BSNL router+Modem combo was actually not working with it, let me tell you that BSNL is my ISP.
    Hey how come you sent the nettalk device to Kolkata? Look even I reside at US and I want to send nettalk to India at Chandigarh. My ISP is Connect and I have a Modem + ADSL over there in India and also the modem was provided to me by Connect. Is it fine to use nettalk? And also let me know how could I probably sent it over there in India, I need to send it by next week so please help me out.

Yes you can surely make nettalk work with BSNL at your place. But I guess the devices won’t work if you have a BSNL router at you place. You are supposed to change the router to some other model. I would again suggest you to go for IBall Baton IB-WRA150N (ADSL2+Router) N Series; it seriously works very well with Nettalk.

You are supposed to assign Static IP address to Nettalk. This is because if you assign Dynamic IP address it will not work. By default you get a dynamic IP address. The best was to connect is to call up the company and ask them to come at your place in order to install at your home, when they will come just ask them to assign you the Static IP.

Sorry if I am posting my issue in a wrong section, but somehow I need to sort out my issue so please help me out. I am trying to connect NetTalk Duo directly to Airtel Beetel ADSL2+Wifi Router (Beetel 450TC1) from last 2 days. But I guess for some reason the NetTalk is unable to register and due to which the light stays orange. And wne I try to connect the device to Linksys Wireless Router it probably gets connect to the ADSL2+Wifi Beetel and the nettalk works properly. But still some problem persist, the latter setup really decreases the consistency of service to average 30% and due to this the nettalk sound quality is going down.

So is there anyone who can let me know how can I exactly make the nettalk work smoothly when directly connected to the beetel ADSL. I have connected the Nettalk device to LAN2 port on ADSL.

So is there anyone who can let me know how can I exactly make the nettalk work smoothly when directly connected to the beetel ADSL. I have connected the Nettalk device to LAN2 port on ADSL.
    Just try to change the LAN port, I mean to say that try to connect the device to LAN3 port and then try out. Actually the FW board is very much common to many modem or routers and also the SAMax300 (MTNL) has already given the instruction and information.

The instruction says that: in this model Sign Writing of Ethernet /LAN port/LEDs has been wrongly done so please read LAN4, LAN3, LAN2 & LAN1 AS LAN1, LAN2 LAN3 & LAN4.

May be due to this reason you have mistaken the LAN port.

Yes you can surely make nettalk work with BSNL at your place. But I guess the devices won’t work if you have a BSNL router at you place. You are supposed to change the router to some other model. I would again suggest you to go for IBall Baton IB-WRA150N (ADSL2+Router) N Series, it seriously works very well with Nettalk.
    From where do you have the information that an ADSL modem supplied by BSNL won’t work out with the nettalk device? I guess the Iball baton ( FW version) which you use is simply similar to WA33002-g1 of BSNL. Not just this model but also with many other BSNL supplied models. I would really love to see the difference or the comparison between your suggested model and the BSNL models.

Once the ADSl modem is set in PPPoE mode which always store the userID and password in the WAN page of modem and if the DHCP is enabled the simple thing is to transfer the RJ45f cable to the VOIP uint. The system need not have to be in the VOIP service.