Thread: Best Wireless router for BSNL SmartAX MT882 modem

Best Wireless router for BSNL SmartAX MT882 modem

Hey friends I am not here with any doubts or queries, just need to get some suggestion and ideas regarding the best wireless router. I already have a BSNL SmartAX MT882 Type I modem and I need a powerful wireless router which should easily go with this modem.

Please suggest me with the best possible match with a decent budget. My budget is around 2500 to 300 rupees.

Re: Best Wireless router for BSNL SmartAX MT882 modem

Ok, so according to your budget you can go for wifi modem with the router for near around Rs. 1800 including the tax from BSLN. Not just this you can also avail it for a rent if required. The rent would be something around Rs. 80/month. Better get it directly from BSNL and do not prefer any third party.

If you try to use the third party wifi router you will not be able to get the support from BSNL in case if any repair or defect takes place. And if you are very much particular or specific about the new router then you can also go for Netgear.

If you try to use the third party wifi router you will not be able to get the support from BSNL in case if any repair or defect takes place. And if you are very much particular or specific about the new router then you can also go for Netgear.
    Netgear is not a good option I guess, I already has a worst experience with it. I used a Netgear DG 834G(Wireless 1x) already before. Actually I was very much annoyed with the broadcasting capabilities.

Let me be very much clear with the things, I am not at all intending to buy BSNL router or modem. I just wanted to get the most powerful router to go along with the existing SmartAX MT882 Type I.

Hey even I am in the same need of a best router to plug in with the same SmartAX MT882. And as said above, better you don’t even suggest me with a Netgear. I would better also let you all know the important criteria and requirements for me with respect to the range of the surrounding.

• Range of the wifi facility in radius - 5 - 10 metres
    • Height to be involved – the router has to be located at the ground floor and I am suppose to access it from the 3rd floor

I would like to have any N type router with twin antenna, and the most important thing is my budget is also near around 2500 rupees.

I would have suggested you with a Belkin N 150 router but I am not sure with its range, I am not sure but you might end up getting a low or average level of signal, you will also have to go for a possible range extender for that wireless N network.

Also I would like to tell you that your MT882 may not work in USB mode and if your system running Windows 7 let me tell you that there are no drivers available for it. You can better try out the LAN port and then check out the drivers for the Ethernet card in your system. Update the drivers or else better get a LAN card compatible for windows 7.