Thread: Can we suspend BSNL Broadband for certain period of time

Can we suspend BSNL Broadband for certain period of time

Guys I need to know something about some possibilities of the BSNL broadband. I have a broadband connection existing at my place from past 1 year; I am a regular and genuine customer of BSNL. But now I will be out of station for some 3 months and I just wanted to that whether it is possible to suspend my broadband connection for that period of time so that i can stay away from that unwanted rents and charges. Is it possible to do so, please let me know as soon as possible?

Re: Can we suspend BSNL Broadband for certain period of time

Yeah my friend very much possible to do so, you can undoubted suspend you broadband account for any period of time. You need to put the landline and broadband in BSNL custody. After doing so you will not be changed anything and also you will be not receiving any unwanted telephone bills until you come back or else until you have kept your broadband under the custody. I did this many times. Better why don’t you visit the following page in order to get the detailed information: Safe Custody Plan for Landline services

Hey I guess it’s not as easy as it has been explained above. The first and the most important thing I would like to let you know is that you will also be charged for the suspension or for keeping your broadband under custody. I guess they charge according to the number of day you keep your broadband under the custody, not exactly number of day but according to the months depending upon the rural and the urban classification.

• Rural - Rs. 30/- per month
    • Urban - Rs. 50/- per month

I think the charge will be paid in advance.

There is no such other option available which can certainly help you to reduce the tariff plan, this tariff plan has been already granted by the BSNL so you can neither bargain nor negotiate. We all know that BSNL charge some amount for the Telephone safe custody but they also somehow charge some amount for the Broadband connection also, if you have any doubts you can contact the customer care center at 1504.

Other major drawback is that once you surrender your connection and then reconnect later you will be charged with the installation charge Rs. 250/- and I guess you will also be provided with new userID and password.

Other major drawback is that once you surrender your connection and then reconnect later you will be charged with the installation charge Rs. 250/- and I guess you will also be provided with new userID and password.
    Then what’s the use of this safe custody? Once if you are charged for the safe custody for certain period of time then how come they will again charge you extra amount for the installation. And over that they will also change our retained user ID and password. This is not at all acceptable. If everything has to be started again then what’s use of the retaining your account or keeping your connection in safe custody. I don’t think that safe custody is only meant for getting rid of those unwanted telephone bills, they are also meant to retain your details and information.

I hope you must have heard about the Broadband safe custody waitlist. If you are aware let me tell you that BSNL BB also has a waiting list and you can probably join the wait list to renew the BB connection.

If suppose the user has a BB tariff plan with no monthly telephone rent and if the user wants a safe custody for his Broadband connection, then BSNL may simply make him to stay on the monthly payment that is same as the reduced amount or small charges that are applicable for telephone safe custody.

Then what’s the use of this safe custody? Once if you are charged for the safe custody for certain period of time then how come they will again charge you extra amount for the installation. And over that they will also change our retained user ID and password. This is not at all acceptable. If everything has to be started again then what’s use of the retaining your account or keeping your connection in safe custody. I don’t think that safe custody is only meant for getting rid of those unwanted telephone bills, they are also meant to retain your details and information.
    Even I would suggest you to first understand the complete concept of the Safe custody with detailed information along with the terms and conditions.
    The first thing I would like to tell you is that BSNL people won’t just simply allot you a new user ID and password or other new details when you reinstall the connection, they will be doing that only if you exceed your time period of safe custody.

Suppose if you have paid certain amount of landline and BB safe custody for only one month and if you exceed the that one month and didn’t reinstall your connection within that one month then definitely you be charge extra amount for the reinstallation and also you will be allotted with new User ID and password.

Before giving your negative feedback regarding the BSNL broadband I would request you to read out the following points and then make any of your valuable comments:

• The phone connection will be disabled for the period of safe custody.
    • Telephone number will be retained and will be restored after the period of safe custody on the request of customer.
    • The minimum period of safe custody will be three months.
    • The charges will be applicable w.e.f. 5-5-09

It’s not me who said all the above points but it’s already mentioned in the BSNL safe custody services on web.