Thread: Unable to download office emails after setting up Dlink DSL 2730U modem

Unable to download office emails after setting up Dlink DSL 2730U modem

Facing some of the other problem from the time I have set up this Dlink DSL 2730U modem. I am unable to download my office emails using the MS outlook from the time I have installed this modem.

The worst thing is that sometimes it downloads smoothly and sometimes it does not download at all, in short its quite inconsistence. I am easily able to access the emails through my iphone and ipad over the same wireless. Not just the issue limits till her, I am also having problems in browsing. I do not doubt my laptop and the outlook as I strongly feel that the issue is somehow with the modem I have connected.

Re: Unable to download office emails after setting up Dlink DSL 2730U modem

Even I feel the same. This modem is itself problematic. From last 1 month even I am facing issue while accessing my mails. If I connect the data card into my laptop the mail works fine also when I connect to some other wireless in the hotel or some other place other than my home the mails works as perfectly and smoothly. People have suggested me lots of suggestion but none of them worked yet. Only when I connect the system to the modem using a LAN chord, everything works fine.

And now I am tired with this modem and decided to return it instead of getting it replaced as it is already my 2nd modem of the same model i.e. DSL 2730U. So better I do not take any risk and switch to some other best router or modem.

Even I feel the same. This modem is itself problematic. From last 1 month even I am facing issue while accessing my mails. If I connect the data card into my laptop the mail works fine also when I connect to some other wireless in the hotel or some other place other than my home the mails works as perfectly and smoothly. People have suggested me lots of suggestion but none of them worked yet. Only when I connect the system to the modem using a LAN chord, everything works fine.
    As you said that connecting your laptop or computer to the modem using the LAN chord make things work properly, then why exactly you are still blaming your modem for this issue as your statement itself clearly says that there is nothing wrong with the modem. Your wireless is completely responsible for this issue; I mean that the issue could be specific with the wireless setup of the Dlink modem. Just try checking the connection using another modem if you have.

Try to perform the following things as I say and let me know the feedback:

• TRY Channel Number 11 or 6
    • Check that power output is 100% in wifi page
    • For Both LAN and WLAN same DNS is used say Google DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    • Check in Advanced options extra menu items

And if possible also try out the broadband speedtest and let me know the results if possible.

And if possible also try out the broadband speedtest and let me know the results if possible.
    As suggested by you I went into the mybroadbandspeed site and over there I tested the broadband speed and the results were as according to me positive, the LAN speed was very much well and ok:
    • Download speed : 7502 kbps (938kB/s)
    • Upload speed: 354 kbps (44.3kB/s)

And I would like to tell you that the same test when I tried to have on wireless, the tool was crawling. At the starting point it showed 80kbps and then later on it stuck off and said that it is preparing to download.

Even I performed the speed test of my broadband connection but not using your site, I generally prefer to you speedtest.net for always testing my broadband download and upload speed. Anyways normally my broadband connection has 4mbps speed and when I connect using the LAN chord the speed test shows the download speed of 3mbps. And from last 4 to 5 days I can notice the wireless speed is only 200-300 KBPS. Hope this will give you some idea about my issue.

However I was recently been suggested by one of my friends to try restoring the factory setting of my modem.

As according to me the LAN mode speed seems to be fine, need to only check out the wifi part. Different IP is needed for standalone ADSL modem and stand alone wifi router.

• You could probably see the YELLO ICON ( Postcard type )
    • Insert any link deleting the http:// part
    • Just try to keep the picture size readable and within this page limit OR
    • "Go Advanced " Scroll Down" Attachments "manage attachments
    • Upload screen shot from Hard disk or external site
    • Post/insert speed test for both modes for thread completion.

However I was recently been suggested by one of my friends to try restoring the factory setting of my modem.
    I am sure this could probably solve your problem, once even I had the same problem. I noticed that the URL of my modem was something 192.168.2.1, now the thing is that I still remember in my earlier modem the URL used to be something else i.e. 192.168.1.1. I did the factory setting restore of the modem and then did the complete configuration for BSNL once again with the earlier URL 192.168.1.1.

By default the channels use to come as 1. As before suggested by my friend
    I selected it to 11 and also ensured that the transmit power is at 100% and then used the selection of DNS server from LAN interface. Now everything is working well.