Thread: How to use HUAWEI Sterlite SmartAX MT841 with more than one laptop for sharing files and internet connection

How to use HUAWEI Sterlite SmartAX MT841 with more than one laptop for sharing files and internet connection

Hello friends I am using Huawei SmartAX MT841 modem and I want to use it with my 2 laptops. Now I want to know how to use my both laptop with Huawei SmartAX MT841 modem/router for sharing files and internet. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: How to use HUAWEI Sterlite SmartAX MT841 with more than one laptop for sharing files and internet connection

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you can use your both laptop with via WIFI. You can also connect your both laptop with SmartAX MT841 modem with the help of RJ-45 Cable. I am also using my laptop and desktop with my modem. I have connected my desktop with my modem with Ethernet and laptop connected via WIFI and its working properly.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Re: How to use HUAWEI Sterlite SmartAX MT841 with more than one laptop for sharing files and internet connection

I have gone thought your Query and I want to tell you that while establishing connection you need to enable DHCP in the modem and you have to set Obtain IP address automatically and after doing that you will not face any problems. If you want more information then let me know.

I am also using HUAWEI Sterlite SmartAX MT841 and I was using my laptop with this modem though WIFI and now I want to connect my desktop with this modem using USB cable and I have windows 7 operating system. I don’t know from where I can get SmartAX MT841 USB driver. Please help me with this.

If you want to download SmartAX MT841 USB driver then you have to click HERE and after downloading the drivers you have to connect your modem with your computer restart the PC. Now after restarting the PC windows 7 will prompt for the drivers and then you have to locate the drivers where you have downloaded and then install in your PC. After that your problem will get solved

Well thank you for helping me. After referring your solution I have connected my both laptop with modem via WFI and done all the settings. After doing that also I was not able to connect internet but after that I have enabled DHCP in modem and then my problem get solved. Now all the things are working fine.