Thread: How to use reliance usb stick on wi-fi router

How to use reliance usb stick on wi-fi router

Hello friends, I am having the Reliance Wireless (USB Stick) with the unlimited plan. I was thinking that it is possible to connect the wi-fi router to it? I was thinking to do it with my old computer and connect Reliance Stick and the Wi-Fi router do a bridge connection. Can it be done in the OS level Bridge or run a proxy server, so it is possible to do it and also which methods should I try, please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to use reliance usb stick on wi-fi router

Let me tell you that reliance does not like to use on multiple systems, where it is been preferred by BSNL, MTNL, Airtel. I think that it might be having Connect Broadband option available, it will be giving you problem unless you are having Landline based ADSL connection. If you are having the laptop with Windows 7 install "Connectify" and use the USB modem to connect to Reliance, when you will done with then laptop will create an AP with Connectify or get a 3G wi-fi router, in which you will be able to insert the usb stick and get wifi for other systems, if you wanted to try it with the Desktop then try with Lan Ethernet card with a cross over cable CAT6 to connect to WIFI router, do not get the Rj45.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
    Let me tell you that reliance does not like to use on multiple systems, where it is been preferred by BSNL, MTNL, Airtel. I think that it might be having Connect Broadband option available, it will be giving you problem unless you are having Landline based ADSL connection. If you are having the laptop with Windows 7 install "Connectify" and use the USB modem to connect to Reliance, when you will done with then laptop will create an AP with Connectify or get a 3G wi-fi router, in which you will be able to insert the usb stick and get wifi for other systems, if you wanted to try it with the Desktop then try with Lan Ethernet card with a cross over cable CAT6 to connect to WIFI router, do not get the Rj45.
    You will be able to use the Connectify if you are having the windows 7, if you are not having it then it is not at possible to done, so try the method with windows 7 only, not any other operating system.

I would suggest that you better get a wi-fi router compatible with USB data cards. If you are thinking to get then there are two available in India and both of them are not been locked to any service provider. Check the below router.
    • Olive Nexus V-R9
    • Sapido RB-1232V2

Where the Olive Nexus V-R9 is been available online from Olive and it will cost you Rs. 3499 and Sapido RB-1232V2 is been available from Sapido India NOIDA which is will be costing between Rs 3500 to Rs. 4000, both of the router are having the option to connect to ADSL, HSDPA/HSPA USB modem and EVDO USB modem and also work with Windows XP, Vista, & 7, also on Mac and linux. Even you can upgrade to Reliance Pocket wi-fi router.

The speed on Reliance Data Card is not at all good it connects to 1X network with 50KBPS speed max. and due to that Wi-Fi Router's power adopter was been burned by plugging it directly to 220V .