Thread: idea 3g cant we use our netsetter to get 3g speed?

idea 3g cant we use our netsetter to get 3g speed?

HI Iam having the huawei idea netsetter usb data card with me ..I recently came to bangalore and would like to use this modem ,But i dont have a 3g idea sim with me.Is it possible to get idea 3g sim and use the same in the data card and surf the internet?I am worried about the speed .I need to access either 7.1 mbps or 3.1 mbps speed by doing the above .is it possible to get these speeds by putting a idea 3g sim card in the data card?
    also would like to know the what is the tariff ?

when i checked with idea people ,they are confusing me asking to take new idea data card.if i have a card already why can't i use the same and get faster speeds?

Re: idea 3g cant we use our netsetter to get 3g speed?

I think that the 3G NetSetter comes with a unique SIM Lock functionality wherein the first SIM inserted in the device will be locked with the particular NetSetter device. So either you will have to unlock the 3G NetSetter or else get another set of idea 3g with its sim in order to surf internet on 3g connection speed.

Reply to your complaint

Quote Originally Posted by ptappeta View Post
    HI Iam having the huawei idea netsetter usb data card with me ..I recently came to bangalore and would like to use this modem ,But i dont have a 3g idea sim with me.Is it possible to get idea 3g sim and use the same in the data card and surf the internet?I am worried about the speed .I need to access either 7.1 mbps or 3.1 mbps speed by doing the above .is it possible to get these speeds by putting a idea 3g sim card in the data card?
    also would like to know the what is the tariff ?

when i checked with idea people ,they are confusing me asking to take new idea data card.if i have a card already why can't i use the same and get faster speeds?

Dear Sir,

We request you to kindly make recharge with Idea 3G plans on your Idea 2G Netsetter for avail 3G benefits. For further assistance, kindly contact to our Idea customer care helpline.

Regards,
    Ideacellular