Thread: Whenever connection is idle D-Link 2520U gets disconnect

Whenever connection is idle D-Link 2520U gets disconnect

Hello friends I am using D-Link 2520U which is ADSL2+Ethernet /USB Combo Router and I have MTNL broadband connection. I am happy with connection Speed but I lose the internet connection when I don’t use D-Link 2520U for sometime. After that I have to restart the router and then it works fine. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Whenever connection is idle D-Link 2520U gets disconnect

You have mentioned that whenever your connection is idle D-Link 2520U gets disconnect and that is why first I will suggest you to check all the settings related to the internet connection in your computer and then do necessary changes if you find anything wrong. After doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

I think instead of restarting your D-Link 2520U router you should disable the internet connection from the network adapter and then you should enable it after some minutes and then you will be able to use internet connection again with your computer. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

To disable and enable the internet from the network adapter you have to follow these steps. First you have to right click on the connection icon which you will find on the system tray icons and then you have to click on the open network connections and then you have to right click on the connection which you are using. After doping that you have to click on the disable.

After some minutes right click again on that and then click on the enable and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more information regarding this then let me know.

You should also try to solve this problem by connection your D-Link 2520U router with USB cable. According to me you must be using the D-Link 2520U with Ethernet connection and you should first remove the Ethernet connection and after that you have to connect the D-Link 2520U with USB wire which comes with the D-Link 2520U and after that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

Many times USB connection also resolves this type of problems.

Well I will suggest you to first open the device manger in your computer and after that you have to uninstall the LAN drivers from your computer and after uninstalling the LAN drivers from your computer you have to restart the PC and then you have to delete all the temporary files from your computer and after deleting the temporary files from your computer you have to install the LAN drivers again in your computer and after installing the LAN drivers in your computer you have check whether you are facing same problem or not. I hope after trying this you will be able to use internet properly with your computer.

I was also facing the same problem and then i have tried the same solution and after trying that solution my problem get solved.

If reinstalling the drivers does not help you to solve this problem then you should try to solve this problem by removing all the setting related to D-Link 2520U and performing the same setting again and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. Many times by doing the setting again helps you to solve this type of problem and that is why I am suggesting you this solution.

After disabling the internet connection and enabling it again from the network adapter in my computer I was also facing the same problem and then I have also tried to solve this problem by doing all the settings related to the router again in my computer and after doing all the setting again in my computer also same problem occurred.

After that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling LAN drivers but that doesn’t helped me to solve this problem.

I think problem is with the D-Link 2520U router and first thing I will suggest you to disconnect the D-Link 2520U router from your computer and afar disconnecting the router from your computer you have to connect the D-Link 2520U router with other computer and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. If you get same problem after connecting the D-Link 2520Urouter with other computer then it means problem is with your D-Link 2520U otherwise problem is with your computer setting.

If you are facing the same problem after connecting the D-Link 2520U router with other computer then you should try to solve this problem by resetting the D-Link 2520U. you have to first reset the D-Link 2520U router and after resetting the router you have to do all the settings properly and after doing all the setting again in your computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

To reset the D-Link 2520U router you have to follow these steps.

At the back of your D-Link 2520U router you will find the one small button called reset. You have to push that button for sometime with the help of any pointed thing and then your router will get reset and after resetting the router your problem will get solved.

Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

After referring your solution I have reset the router and after resetting the D-Link 2520U router when I tried connect it with my computer from that time it has started working properly. Now I am not facing any problem with my D-Link 2520U router. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate your help.