Thread: What is the speed of the idea 3G in pune

What is the speed of the idea 3G in pune

Actually I’m staying in pune and want to know How is the speed of the idea 3G in the pune . as I using the HTC wildfire S Smartphone and has the features of the 3G, so I want to enable the 3G in my phone so that I don’t have to wait to download my stuff from net after getting to home or office. And so for this I have decided that it would be better if I enable the 3G service in to my phone. But for this I want all your opinions regarding how is the speed of the 3G in the pune circle. Have anybody experience the speed of the 3G, and if yes than what is the speed and should I go for buying the plan or not.

Re: What is the speed of the idea 3G in pune

I’m using the 3G service from the idea and I would say that speed of the internet is just fine it opens the pages faster than the 2G services. Which I think help me save more time and I can do my work faster. So if you are thinking of buying the 3g service of idea for the pune circle then it is not bad and you sh0uld go for buying the plan.

I don’t think so the speed of the idea 3G service is better, as I have seen that in many areas of the pune the speed of the internet fells quite a lot, I don’t understand what is the reason for the speed going down. As when compared to other service provider like the TATA and the airtel gives quite a good speed in the 3G service. So why can’t idea keep the same repo as other service provider can do.I have also noticed one thing is that the as using the idea 3G service in the morning the speed is not quite good but when using the net after 11 pm the speed increases and is fine upto the next morning till 9 am after which again its speed decreases.

So if you are thinking of buying the 3G service for your mobile then you should first check it out about the speed by going to the idea gallery or with some of the friends who is already using it.

If you want to use the 3G service and want to know about the speed then there are trial plans available with the idea. You can try with one of those plans and check the speed what you are getting in your area. As I’m using the 3G service I don’t have any issue regarding the speed then too you should try doing this.

As an idea user I tested the speed for the 3G service and found out that it gives the download speed of 115kpbs and the upload speed of the 85kpbs. So after going through the speed test I think the result which we have found is just worst for the 3G users as it should give download speed somewhere around 500kpbs and the upload speed to 250 kpbs. I guess this is very poor performance from the idea regarding 3G service and should do something about it.

As the above have said it correctly but the reason of not getting the 3G service speed is something different. Actually when going around the test what we found is that the speed is ok but the reason for not getting the speed is due to the sim card with the 32K.we came to know about this when we tried with the Vodafone sim card which comes with the 64K. when we tested the vodofone 3G service speed we found that it boosting upto 1 mpbs which was far better then the idea.

So for this I would say that the speed of the idea is ok, the only thing what I see is that the sim card comes with the 32K which should be 64K.

Since I have not used more 3G service in idea. but would tell you that I have tried doing this and got speed from the 3G. so I think you should try enabling the 3G service as you looking for pune.

Reply to your complaint

Quote Originally Posted by SeanZ View Post
    Actually I’m staying in pune and want to know How is the speed of the idea 3G in the pune . as I using the HTC wildfire S Smartphone and has the features of the 3G, so I want to enable the 3G in my phone so that I don’t have to wait to download my stuff from net after getting to home or office. And so for this I have decided that it would be better if I enable the 3G service in to my phone. But for this I want all your opinions regarding how is the speed of the 3G in the pune circle. Have anybody experience the speed of the 3G, and if yes than what is the speed and should I go for buying the plan or not.

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, Netsetter no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC136785 in the subject.

Regards,
    Idea Cellular