Thread: Is it necessary to have a modem as well as router for the new BSNL connection?

Is it necessary to have a modem as well as router for the new BSNL connection?

I don’t have a good knowedge on the networking and hence what I want is that can you all pelase tell me as if I will be requiring the modem as well as the router for the new bsnl connection? That’s what my actual question is? Anyways if you all have some replies for the same then can you please suggest me something that would be better for me, please do reply guys.

Re: Is it necessary to have a modem as well as router for the new BSNL connection?

Yes that’s upon you. If you want then you can go for both otherwise even a singly modem would be much enough for you. At the end of the day it is upon you to decide what you want then only decide on that, that’s what I want to say here. I hope this small suggestion from my side did help you to some extent.

Re: Is it necessary to have a modem as well as router for the new BSNL connection?

Don’t use the dial up modem that we have inside the system that is not used for the broadband connection for a broadband connection what we require is adsl modem and nothing else. So hope you did understand what I am saying here. so please do check out for the same that’s what I want to say here. get a adsl modem and you will do fine. So hope it was pretty much clear for you for what I have said here. That’s it from my side for you.

There are lots of modem + router available these days. Yes they are pretty expensive and yes they are mostly used for the wifi connections. You can make use of that as well. If you want some then you can check out from the Linksys website you will get all the information accordingly. That’s what I want to say here.

Its not necessary that you will be requiring a router for the broadband connection that is not at all necessary. That’s what I want to say here. if you want then you can tell the bsnl people that you want the modem for the connection and they will be giving you the modem and you will have to pay monthly rental for the modem. As far as my knowledge router is used for a better protection. For example in big companies there is always a router + firewall to have a check about the incoming and also the outgoing connection a swell. That’s what I want to say here.

Ok then can you give me some links from where I can check as if which modem would be better for me that’s what I am saying here. so if you all have some idea about the same then can you please share the same news with me as well. That would be better for me. Please do list down as if which you think would be better for me for the bsnl connection? Please do note down about the same I am waiting for the necessary help from you all.

You can visit a official DLink page or Linksys and check out the adsl modems from there. So that’s what you should be doing. I hope you did understand what I am saying ehre. That’s it from my side for you.

If you want then you can visit this link . you will get all the important information from there only. It is the official bsnl page which lists down the router that is appropriate for the connection. So hope you might have understood what I am saying here.

Ok thanks a lot guys for all the information that you have shared so thanks a ton for the same. I will surely have a check about that and will let you know about the same. appreciate your efforts.