Thread: Strange Latency in BSNL Broadband

Strange Latency in BSNL Broadband

I had an extremely weird trouble with latencies particularly servers in the EU and the US. More often than not that starts with a latency of 290ms to servers in the US. After an hour - perhaps less or more, little by little this latency will boost by about 100 ms 370-390ms to say.

Now if I re-connect several times using different DNS servers for my Internet connection marker is a high probability that the latency is back to normal after about 4-5 attempts. my ping where latency was terrible then cut off and reconnect twice to return to normal latency

Re: Strange Latency in BSNL Broadband

I was also facing exactly same trouble. The problem of latency slowly creeps in again after a period of time completely random usually between 15 minutes to 45 minutes and latencies are again .All this does not seem to have much of a association to whether or not I'm downloading or torrenting anything.

I used name bench to decide a superior dns server, and each time it modify. Regardless of the markers that have established each of these servers, One more thing when the latency like this my speed up Web browsing considerably reduced with web pages are often stuck loading.

I think some of your ISP troubles. I also had trouble like this, so disconnected my internet .Try and speak with your ISP Customer Care.

Disconnecting and reconnecting seems to exchange linking 372ms to 464ms latencies to U.S. servers when it was 280 just 20 minutes.

Code:
    Reply from 66.1x9.2x4.82: bytes=32 time=457ms TTL=52
    Reply from 66.1x9.2x4.82: bytes=32 time=460ms TTL=52
    Reply from 66.1x9.2x4.82: bytes=32 time=453ms TTL=52
    Reply from 66.1x9.2x4.82: bytes=32 time=462ms TTL=52
    Reply from 66.1x9.2x4.82: Destination net unreachable.

Your 300ms pings are acceptable. 350 ms pings are marginal to poor. But there could be a lot at stake.

First, from 66.1x9.2x4.82 is on the east coast of India ping is always going to suck, no matter what ISP is in you, it would be very difficult to get much further than India itself (which would venturing into the central part of the continent of South America for that, but the U.S. Midwest is pretty close to the conflicting India in the northern hemisphere, which is close up to the clarification of pings to Cnet.)

Time of day does not matter much. Although it could have been 4:00 a.m. time, India, a day in the U.S., it's a little peak.

If you are pinging an IP address, change your DNS server has no significant effect unless the ISP is IP multicast because it is part of a content distribution network.

Tokyo is sensible; Dhaka is expected due to the way the Internet does not work essentially relate to the speed or ping time, these cable routes and look. BSNL is not speaking directly to Bangladesh Telecom or whoever what traffic goes all the way through Singapore or anywhere and Bangladesh links might be congested or something.

However, I for myself dishearten the purchase of servers located on the east coast - west coast to go to if you desire decent ping times. Must be capable to hit San Jose from here in about 150-200ms. Improved yet, pay money for servers in India if you desire low latency and best webhosting rates - especially if your clientele are situated here.

Yes, 300 to 330ms eastern U.S. is certainly reasonable and understandable. It’s just that sometimes when latency shoot up 480 + ms and this happens quite often several times during the day, especially during the early hours of 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. period.

These times are accompanied by very low-bandwidth and intermittent packet loss to get anything done becomes a pain. As you have said is probably due to peak in the U.S.But the strange thing is when I feel approach to the U.S., EU routes also appear to be horrible. I cannot understand how it can be rush hour in both places at once.

Could it be that BSNL is routing most of its U.S. traffic these days across Europe, as he now has a stake in the gateway to Europe, India and almost certainly would be much cheaper to do so (at the expense of the route well to the U.S.), but not be a customer of BSNL and therefore cannot make any diagnosis, I can only speculate on what might be doing

On the other hand, is transferring a group of traffic to U.S. So it is tricky to say whose fault is it .In the trace of all, that the traffic is being handed over to Tata / VSNL in Mumbai and the Level 3 in London, so it has less to do with BSNL and more to do with Tata, in this case for the reason that there is latency from almost zero further Level3, everything is Tata. From this trace, there is each chance that he is organizing. It is is not buying the three vendors mentioned above.

Interestingly Airtel traffic routes to the U.S. through the Pacific route through the west coast, although the latencies are higher on average than BSNL (when keep their shit together, that is).

Airtel also seems to use less congested routes, usually very little packet loss ever. Airtel also seems to be much less vulnerable to fluctuations and bad congestion or routing problems.

But Airtel has FUP and becomes almost double in terms of costs. Kolkata does not seem to be many alternatives in all I have to stay with BSNL and Airtel backup shit. Neither the agency nor any other person wants to set up shop here.