Thread: How to use Airtel broadband during power cut

How to use Airtel broadband during power cut

I am a broadband user of Airtel. I use a laptop and am using beetle 450tc1 modem provided by Airtel. The trouble I am facing is that during power outages (which is extremely common in my area), I am not able to use the internet as there is no power on the modem. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? Some of the options that came to mind are: The use of a modem running on battery too .Using a dial-up during power outages to connect with

re: How to use Airtel broadband during power cut

You can simply get a Rs. APC UPS 1500 or a good brand for the modem. It will run a minimum of one hour without any problems. But they come with an automatic shutoff feature when no load. You must remove the corresponding strength of the Board. Otherwise, it will shut down in 10 minutes.

Using the dial is also a high-quality alternative. You will be able to alternatively use the phone 2G/3G and use it as a modem. 2G is extremely inexpensive these days.

Make use of portable power when you are at home to have battery backup when there is a power outage.

And buy a good UPS is a better option. Use the UPS for the modem only, thus not putting too much load on it. Although make convinced you pay money for a UPS without noise 'Peep' that irritates or get it removed after

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Uchiha View Post
    Make use of portable power when you are at home to have battery backup when there is a power outage.

And buy a good UPS is a better option. Use the UPS for the modem only, thus not putting too much load on it. Although make convinced you pay money for a UPS without noise 'Peep' that irritates or get it removed after
    BSNL EVDO option would cheapest (USB modem) . Considering 2G/3G would be extremely luxurious .for widespread use

You will not be capable to make use of either dial-up. You will necessitate a compatible modem on their laptop and I'm not convinced if the laptops today come with these modems.

I'm using UPS, UPS and Beetel 900-1100 Intex RS comes only these days. I also used to use a backup power source is included with the handset, which is used to run my Netgear router Old for 30 minutes without any troubles.

You will be capable to build or ask someone to build a similar power should not cost more than 500 rs or buy UPS simple.

Re: How to use Airtel broadband during power cut

Quote Originally Posted by Farzana View Post
    I'm using UPS, UPS and Beetel 900-1100 Intex RS comes only these days. I also used to use a backup power source is included with the handset, which is used to run my Netgear router Old for 30 minutes without any troubles.

You will be capable to build or ask someone to build a similar power should not cost more than 500 rs or buy UPS simple.
    You will be able to inquire a technician who knows the recommendation of your UPS. Or you can just take it to an APC service center and get it done in a minute or so.