Thread: Airtel Broadband: Getting 2mbps speed on a 512kbps line

Airtel Broadband: Getting 2mbps speed on a 512kbps line

on my 512kpbs connection, although pings are high (they are usually about 50 ms)> I am getting Downloading Speed 2.83mbps and upload speed -0.48mbps and ping 81ms. Don’t know how I am getting more speed.

Re: Airtel Broadband: Getting 2mbps speed on a 512kbps line

Quote Originally Posted by Parnell View Post
    on my 512kpbs connection, although pings are high (they are usually about 50 ms)> I am getting Downloading Speed 2.83mbps and upload speed -0.48mbps and ping 81ms. Don’t know how I am getting more speed.
    Sometimes permanent speed increase is the result of the change of plan. Increased speed reduced FBD. Personal experience.

Peak velocity I'm getting here in Chennai also, thanks for the heads-up. In my first modem reboot, the redirection FUP began in a few minutes. Nevertheless now the whole thing is fine now.

Download Speed-2.82mbps
    Upload Speed-0.78mbps
    Ping-51ms

Bring up to date: FUP began within 30 minutes. It is worth renewing IP to acquire a pace bump 10-30 minutes.

Yes, I've been experiencing in my connection of 2 Mbps to 512 kbps, but it only works for 15-20 minutes. If I start downloading during this and once the speed is reduced my downloads are broken and cannot be resumed.

Airtel is playing all kinds of contemptible tricks with customers

You have to salute the engineers of BSNL in these areas. Their methods of velocity profiles (or saving machinery velocity profiles of subscribers) are spot further or less in at whatever we attempt to do (for example, rebooting the modem n number of times), that will do more than rates set forth in our profile.

On the other hand, Airtel certain uses of other mechanisms in which the speed limit FUP occurs after 10 to 20 minutes only (rebooting the modem). I know some guys (desperate) to reboot your modem every 15 minutes for this increase of 2 Mbps of temporary speed - in my opinion not worth all these troubles and only the end result will sauté your modem with time

No necessitate to reboot the modem actually only do acquire a new-fangled IP. I can make use of jDownloader to do that, and it's simple and fast (min. 18 seconds to modify IP). Nevertheless in my experience, Airtel has a minimum time between going to give a new-fangled IP address (2 to 3 minutes). It cannot (or should) keep changing as fast as possible IP, although he could without having to worry about the life of your modem.

I realized that once during a power outage two seconds, as my investor was present and when the power returned to my network took over, in the light of modem kept flashing for several seconds this does not happen often when you restart the modem, nevertheless after that I was increasing speed a couple of hours throughout the night . I think. I wonder if there's anything to it! Surge, restart the modem, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Farzana View Post
    I realized that once during a power outage two seconds, as my investor was present and when the power returned to my network took over, in the light of modem kept flashing for several seconds this does not happen often when you restart the modem, nevertheless after that I was increasing speed a couple of hours throughout the night . I think. I wonder if there's anything to it! Surge, restart the modem, etc.
    No. It is a retention plan. Taking into account only those who intimidate to disconnect your Airtel BB connection.

Tell them that their plans are too exclusive compared to MTNL, so are switching to MTNL. They propose a plan of 649 rupees to 512 kbps unlimited downloads and some CSF. They say it is still expensive.

Then we propose another formula, RS-449 plus tax per month for 512 kbps unlimited connection with 500 MB FUP. After 512 MB (0.5 GB) FBD speed is supposed to drop to 256 kbps. In my case I can download around 10 GB with my home connection and have never seen DL speeds at 512 kbps.

Well, I had 8GB FBD, not further reduced. There were 100 FUP @ 1Mbps GB. Suddenly, I began to increase speed of 2 Mbps, was very happy until my speed dropped to 256 kbps after 25 GB. They changed my plan and I returned the old plan. Some of them even said that ever 1 Mbps plan was in existence.

Several people burst speed at the same time, means that it’s probably not only happens a few individuals at a time. so if anyone has the burst speed again after this and the rest of us will start to reboot our modems until we reach the speed too .