Thread: Which is the best ADSL Modem+Router for Reliance Broadband

Which is the best ADSL Modem+Router for Reliance Broadband

I am on the lookout for a good ADSL Modem+Router for my reliance broadband and hence I am waiting for some approval from you all for the same. so that’s what I am saying here. so any of you all who are using a reliance broadband and would like to recommend me a good broadband then do reply accordingly on the same as if which would be a good broadband for me. Right now I am having a old "Netgear WGR614" wireless router I would be happy if it got successfully connected to the modem but it is not working out for me. So I need some reply from you all for the same as if which would be a suitable router for me. That’s what I am saying here. so do give me some replies accordingly over here waiting for the necessary response from your side.

Re: Which is the best ADSL Modem+Router for Reliance Broadband

Why didn’t you went ahead with the installation of the router In the modem and by the way which modem are you having right now. Please do give me some reasons why you did not go ahead with the installation so that I can think of some suggestion for the same and would suggest some solutions for you accordingly that’s what I am saying here. now do one thing sugegts me the modem and also the reason why you did not go with the installation procedure I need to know about it accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Abeni View Post
    Why didn’t you went ahead with the installation of the router In the modem and by the way which modem are you having right now. Please do give me some reasons why you did not go ahead with the installation so that I can think of some suggestion for the same and would suggest some solutions for you accordingly that’s what I am saying here. now do one thing suggests me the modem and also the reason why you did not go with the installation procedure I need to know about it accordingly.
    That’s because it refused to connect and also I am using the "Billion" ADSL modem. the issue is reliance modem has 4 DNS server addresses and the netgear router is not able to configure 2 of them as well. So that’s where I get stuck and I am not able to do anything at all. So that’s why I was suggesting some good router+modem that will help me in the process please give me some help for the same.

I don’t think so whatever you enter in netgear does not matter at all, so that’s what I want to say here. I just want to know what are the dns values that you enter in the modem that is the very important phase and also I have got a interesting method for you make sure that you are following it.
    1) Go to the run and type in cmd and then press ok.
    2) In the command prompt type the following command as type ipconfig /all.
    3) Then check whatever DNS that you have selected.
    4) When you get the TCP/IP properties try entering the 2 DNS values that you got and in the next one you can see the alternate values. As well.
    5) Try googling with the
    Google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    Opendns ; 208.67.220.220 and208.67.222.222
    You will get to know the dns value of each and every isp

6) That’s a interesting method and I think that you should give a try for sure.

Well if you want some suggestions for the good routers + modem then you can opt for dlink routers it is the best routers that I have come across and hence you can take that as a reference and definitely move ahead. So that’s what you should be doing as of now. I hope you did understand what I want to say here that’s it from my side for you.

I think Linksys router are 1000 times better than the dlink one that you have suggested here, so that’s what I think you should be going with. So do go ahead with the same. I am right now using Linksys X2000 and it is working absolutely brilliant.

I would advise you to have a talk with the RCom people about the same and I am sure that they will advise you accordingly on the said issue. So that’s what you should be doing I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s what you should be checking out for sure.

I mean they would be having some rough idea of which router is better for you and which is not so it is better that you should be checking out with the same.

Hey dude that worked for me I did follow all the steps that you have suggested and interestingly it ahs worked for me so thanks a ton for the same. appreciate the ideas that you have given me. It is an interesting thing that on calling up the reliance support I was not able to get any solution at all and you all did give it to me so thanks a lot for the said solution.