Thread: Getting poor SNR and Line attenuation values with the MTNL Broadband

Getting poor SNR and Line attenuation values with the MTNL Broadband

I am using this modem named sterlite from a very long time and what I wan tto say is that I am getting a relatively low Line Attentuation Values & SNR margin values. So anyone who has a good connection and then please do let me know their Line Attentuation Values & SNR margin values. That would be much better for me, so that’s why I am asking you all if you can give me a reply for the same. so that’s what I want to say here. The snr value that I am getting is 6 or 7. That’s what I am saying here. also the Line attenuation that we will be getting is 40+. That’s what I am saying here. so do let me know about the same I am waiting for the replies from you all. So do reply accordingly over here.

Re: Getting poor SNR and Line attenuation values with the MTNL Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Falak View Post
    I am using this modem named sterlite from a very long time and what I wan tto say is that I am getting a relatively low Line Attentuation Values & SNR margin values. So anyone who has a good connection and then please do let me know their Line Attentuation Values & SNR margin values. That would be much better for me, so that’s why I am asking you all if you can give me a reply for the same. so that’s what I want to say here. The snr value that I am getting is 6 or 7. That’s what I am saying here. also the Line attenuation that we will be getting is 40+. That’s what I am saying here. so do let me know about the same I am waiting for the replies from you all. So do reply accordingly over here.
    Getting the value 8 is very much poor and hence the ideal SNR margin should be around 12-30. So that’s what should eb the ideal SNR value for your modem and also what I am saying is that the attenuation values should range from 20db to 40db. 40+ is a very poor value that indicates that your speed is getting hampered a lot. So do have a check about the same. I suppose this was the information that you were requiring so I have provided you with the same, that’s what I want to say here.

I think so the suggested values were for the broadband connection who are having 8+mbps speed. What is the speed that you are getting with the existing connection, do give a reply for the same that would be better to know for me.

Thanks guys for the information that you all have given me. If I talk about the plan then I am using the 599 unlimited plan from mtnl. Which gives me a 512kbps speed. So that’s the speed and yes it has to be definitely less then 8 mbps. So what will the snr and also the attenuation values change with the values that you have mentioned at the top. So do give me some information about the same that would be better for me. I am waiting for the response from your side on the same.

See I would rather say use the GDMT and then recheck the snr/attn values that would be better for you. Instead of going with anything else. So do have a proper check about the same and revert me back about the values.
    Also I would like to ask as if what are the problems that you are facing with the existing connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Uchiha View Post
    See I would rather say use the GDMT and then recheck the snr/attn values that would be better for you. Instead of going with anything else. So do have a proper check about the same and revert me back about the values.
    Also I would like to ask as if what are the problems that you are facing with the existing connection.
    Yes surely I will have a recheck about the same for sure. From past few weeks I am facing problems like frequent disconnection and all, so that’s causing a lot of problem here, don’t know when I will be getting out of this problem, that’s what I would like to know. I will surely have a chat with the mtnl people about the same don’t know how much long they will take to get rid out of the problem, so lets see everything does gets sorted out quickly.

Ok if you are facing problems with the adsl connection then I would ask you to get the drivers downloaded from the respective modems manufacturing website, so that’s what you should be checking out for sure and I am quite sure that the .problem will be solved with that. So do have a recheck about the same and let me know if the problem gets solved or not. So do have a though check.

A frequent disconnection does happen in my case as well. Even I am using mtnl triband connection and so what is the issue is that My adsl light goes off regularly. Well what I have setup is connected my modem line from a joint as of the main line and from that joint phone with the parallel connection. What do you all think can this be the main reason for the frequent disconnection please do send me some replies o nthe same I am waiting for the response from your side on the same that would be better for me. That’s what I want to say here.

I would advise you to use the ADSL splitter that would be a better option for you, that’s what I think. Also one more thing what I would like to say here is that with the current procedure that you are carrying on the connection will get disconnected as soon as anyone from the other side picks up the call. That’s what I want to say here.