Thread: Mtnl charging rental for wireless modem

Mtnl charging rental for wireless modem

Guys did you all know that mtnl has been charging rental for the wireless modem they have been charging Rs.50/month for the same. I just got to hear from one of my friend about the same and hence decided to do some research for the same. so that’s what I want to say here. mtnl had earlier announced that they will not be charging anything for those who are subscribing for the unlimited plan that’s what I am saying here. I am thinking that to get a new router instead of paying rental for the router that’s what I want to say here. Anyways I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same so do reply accordingly on the same.

Re: Mtnl charging rental for wireless modem

Quote Originally Posted by Am_Charlie View Post
    Guys did you all know that mtnl has been charging rental for the wireless modem they have been charging Rs.50/month for the same. I just got to hear from one of my friend about the same and hence decided to do some research for the same. so that’s what I want to say here. mtnl had earlier announced that they will not be charging anything for those who are subscribing for the unlimited plan that’s what I am saying here. I am thinking that to get a new router instead of paying rental for the router that’s what I want to say here. Anyways I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same so do reply accordingly on the same.
    Is it that so then I should have a talk with the mtnl people. Since they were the only who said to me while purchasing the unlimited plan that they are not going to charge anything to me for the unlimited plan that’s what I am saying here. I don’t know how come they are planning to do like that, anyways thanks for sharing this news with me appreciate your response that you have given here, so that’s what I am saying here.

I don’t know about the wifi modem but they are not charging anything for the unlimited plan for the same so that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here, so that’s what I want to say here.

The unlimited plans for the normal triband/broadband plans do not charge for the modem at all, so that’s what I want to say here. I hope you all did understand what I want to say here that’s it from my side for you all.

No they are charging for each and every modems as well that’s what I have heard. I don’t know why mtnl are resorting to this kind of practices which does not suit them at all, so why are they planning to do that. I don’t know if they are actually charging a rental for the modem in all the plans then I want all my money back for all the plans. So that’s what I want to say here. I am very much upset after reading this particular thread. I will be having a talk with the mtnl people regarding the same and will demand some kind of action from them about the same.

I think it’s the duty of each and every isp to give a modem if they are providing the particular service and that too for the unlimited plans as well, don’t know why they are not resorting to such kind of antics at all, why not they should think about it.

Are there any other isp’s which provide free modem with them and do not charge anything as rental for the unlimited plans . Any ideas about the same then do make sure that you share the information with me as well. So that’s what I am asking here. if you all have any replies for the same then do pass on the information to me I am waiting for the help from you all guys please reply accordingly over here waiting for the help from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Banadinovich View Post
    Are there any other isp’s which provide free modem with them and do not charge anything as rental for the unlimited plans . Any ideas about the same then do make sure that you share the information with me as well. So that’s what I am asking here. if you all have any replies for the same then do pass on the information to me I am waiting for the help from you all guys please reply accordingly over here waiting for the help from you all.
    I think the local service providers such as you cable. Hathway and trikona do provide that but I would ask you to take a conformation about there before reading this post which I have written here, so do take a conformation about the same since I am 90% sure about the said news. So that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did get the necessary information about the same that’s it from my side for you all.

I think so we should read the title’s properly since it is clearly mentioned in the top that it is for the wifi and not any normal internet connection, so that’s what I am saying here. So why need to take a panic about the same.

It is only for the wireless connection and nothing else. For the normal broadband connection mtnl does provides a free modem that’s what I am saying here. so hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you.