Thread: IRC Not Working with Hathway broadband.

IRC Not Working with Hathway broadband.

I am hathway user from the last year and I am using the Hathway's 64kbps Unlimited plan, yes I know that it is very slow but still I love to sue this. And up till the last day, I was not having any problem related with this. And with this broadband service provider, I like to use the Undernet IRC network, I am having friends over there for that reason I like to use that more. But now I am not able to connect with the IRC Undernet. I am not getting over here that why this thing suddenly happens to me. And for resolving this, I have also tried with the so many setting but still not able to get the problem related this. And also I am sure that all other networks work, except Undernet. Why this is happening to me?? Can here anyone suggest me the way to get resolve this problem??

Re: IRC Not Working with Hathway broadband.

Here I would like to say to you that Undernet is working fine just not from the India ISP's. I am using Airtel broadband, and in my case, all the users of the Airtel were blocked from Undernet IRC from the last week of August. And after reading your problem over here, I came to know that hathway users also having this problem. Now here we need to confirm that other users of the ISP like BSNL etc too have a problem or not.

For, getting resolve this problem I have also tried with the reinstalling my Windows XP and also my IRC client but still my IRC is not working. And for that I have also configured the firewall which I am having and there I came to know that this doesn't interfere with IRC connections. After trying with this all, nothing worked for me. Even it is not connecting and saying that 'Connection Timed out. And after searching for this, I am now thinking that it also happens that Hathway has blocked Undernet. And for that I thought the problem will get fixed on its own and I waited, but nothing as of this time.

Hey, me too having the same problem and not able to resolve this issue yet. For that reason, I am building up a community of people who use IRC Undernet and are now unable to do so. And I think that maybe router problem at international gateway??

Yes friend, make this type of the community and I am eager to join this community. And now I can see over here that this is to all other Hathway, Airtel and also for the other internet service provider users that all are having this common problem. I think that now we all will need to report this problem to the OUR internet service provider and hope that they will try to get resolve this problem. Hop that this might help us all.

In this case, I doubt if this problem is related with our internet service provider. I am telling this because there is a fair chance Indian IPs have been K-Lined and which means denying access. I am not on any of the IRC networks but I have been an administrator on some servers during my heydays. And over there I have seen a lot of the servers that they have deny connections from Indian IPs. Even also the Pakistani IPs are victim to such due to the amount of spam and abuse origination from these regions. I think that this will the main reason for facing this type of the problem. I am not sure about this, but you can also make sure about this.

Here I think that you all are getting this problem because it also might happen that K-Lines can also be local to one server or it could be a network wide ban. And I am sure here that if this will be local ban then you would be able to connect to a unusual server which does not have your IP. And for making sure about this you can also check this out by making the IRC server admins and that would be easier to do than wait for all IRC users in the country to poll in.

I think that this issue could be better resolve if our internet service provider will get the load of IRC access by setting up some servers. Or else if India could share the load of IRC access by setting up some servers, then I am sure that we all will not face this problem.

I am using IRC form the few years and from that I can say that this is working very fine in my case. Let me tell over here that I am using sify broadband 256kbps line unlimited and with this, best thing is that I have never get this type of the problem as you all are saying with IRC. And if I get any problem with blacklisted as k-lined then I can easily fix this by just clicking the provided link by them & typing my IP & fixing the above problem to make the clear path for the connection. I am really very happy with this. For you all, I will say over here that if you all are having the problem related with the IRC then you can also switch to Sify broadband. And I am sure that with this ISP, you will not get the IRC problem.

Can here anyone tell me that what the leading/best IRC server for India or for Asia?? Me to having the same problem, and for that I have reported this to my service provider but still they are not helping me to resolve this.

Ok, in your case the problem is that IRC is not working then for that I will suggest you the following suggestion as:
    • Use the built-in server list in your client
    • Use server lists on the web

And If got connected, but only have 1 server to use then for that reason will be as:

• You are just not authorized, meaning those servers don't want people from your ISP to connect (this is very common),
    • You have no reverse DNS, so that you show up with IP numbers instead of a hostname, and/or
    • Your identd is not working.