Thread: Which Wi-Fi router suit Hathway broadband

Which Wi-Fi router suit Hathway broadband

Hey all friends, recently I have get the new hathway connection and now I am looking for the suitable Wi-Fi router for this. And before investing money for this, I thought it will be better to get the wise advice of experts here. And when I get this connection at that time I get Modem which Hathway installed at my home - Scientific Atlanta and also a LAN cable comes out of it to my laptop. And over here I would like to Convert this connection to wireless one so that multiple laptop at my home could be connected. So here if anyone have the suggestion about this topic then please reply me back for this.

Re: Which Wi-Fi router suit Hathway broadband

For your requirements I will say over here that you can try with the Belkins N150 which is the Enhanced Wireless Router. And also you can try with the Netgearwgr614V9 because this one is very easy to configure. And here in this type of the connection the main thing is that RJ45 from computer goes to WLAN of WIFI router. And for that reason you may also need to check for the Wi-Fi mode SSID as entered in Wi-Fi router appears in your laptop?? Reply me back over here, if you tried with this wireless router.

I also need the same requirements and for that I have also tried with the other sites to get some information about this. And from there I found the following things:

• I need a Wi-Fi router, not ADSL modem
    • with user-name/password authentication in hathway, router could be an issue.
    • Some of the options are - Belkin 802.11g and Linksys WRT54G

But I can say that this all modems are too old, and for that reason, I am thinking to get the some new one. Please help me with the names of suitable routers and also

Here, I would like to say you that I can use the service on different laptops by plugging LAN wires into them, so MAC address locking may not be there. But here can anyone know some place in Bangalore where routers are available for borrowing, this is because, I am not having any suggestion regarding with this.

I think that this is possible because they have given you the cable modem which you can access. But here in this case, I will say that the main question over here is that whether you can use a laptop in WIFI mode?? And for suggesting you in this case, I will say you that you will need to mention the OS which your laptop is running. And also here you can test this thing with your friend’s router. And here let me tell you that you can not get the router on rent and also this will be the fine for you bought this. But before this make sure that this will charge Rs 1500.

Yes, they have given me the cable modem of Scentific Atlanta. And also I can see that LAN wire from it connects to my laptop and I am having three laptops form which, two are running on XP and one is running on windows 7.

I also having the same requirements and still I have not get the proper information about such type of the router. Can here anyone suggest me the name of such router??

I have been using Netgear router since long with Hathway connection. It works quite smooth... You just need to insert the cable coming from Hathway Modem to this router .. For configuration purpose connect the router to the laptop with cable once and once setup you can use wireless capability.
    In case you face any issue, call up customer care and they will map your router's MAC address online and you are done