Thread: Top reasons because of which Torrent is Slow on MTNL Broadband

Top reasons because of which Torrent is Slow on MTNL Broadband

I have been using mtnl for the net purpose and I have found that torrents does not work smooth on their triband network and I have a no of friends who have found the same and I know there are quite a no of reason for it as well but then I just wanted to know that which are the reason that we can list as “Top reasons because of which Torrent is Slow on MTNL Broadband” any suggestion for this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Top reasons because of which Torrent is Slow on MTNL Broadband

I think that the very first reason is that the mtnl has started using the Traffic shapers and I have found that they have been changing the port for the torrent traffic which is personally think was not a good choice and I have also heard that the traffic shapers does the job of detecting the torrent traffic and then trapping them no matter on what port the traffic flow I mean they are just appearing to be after the protocol and no the port which I again think is not a good choice.

The second think that I have found is that they have also made an upload limitation on their triband line which is not allowing the torrent to share the downloads and uploads as well

The Other thing that I will say is the reason for Torrents Being Slow on MTNL Broadband is that they have been
    running after the tracker. I mean that they are sniffing destination of the trackers and also restricting the traffic that is trying to communicate with the tracker as well.

I really don’t agree to you first if all I will like to share that even I am using the same plan and I have been downloading torrents at a speed of 200+ and if you want to know the average than it is always 190+ and I will also like you to inform that it also stays consistent and I have downloaded a no of movies using the same. If you to want to have that then I will suggest you to port forward your MTNL modem and that will really help you a lot.

Yes even I agree to you for that and I will also like to add more. I mean that we have an an option of encryption of traffic in utorrent and to enable it you just have to go to the utorrent/options/preferences/BitTorrent/protocol encryption and then just click on enable and I think that doing that will be much helpful and doing this the MTNL traffic shapers will not be able to detect torrent connections because of which you will get better speed without any problem. I have a no of friends following the same and even I do the same. Just check it out and see if it is making difference to you as well and then let me know. Best of luck.

I have never tried that out but then I never found a need to do so as well but then I really agree that there is no such problem with the torrent on the mtnl because I have been using the same from 6 months and I have never faced any such slow data flow and all I mean that I think that I have been getting good data speed as compared to the other and I think that an average of 180+ or 190+ is really good and I really don’t agree to the above reasons that has been mentioned above to be the reason for for Torrents Being Slow on MTNL Broadband but then if you do have a problem with it then I will suggest you to try out torproject or Tor: anonymity online network and see if you find it better

Yes even I am enjoying better speed with the mtnl an I am saying this because I have found that I am getting a 170+ kKBps of speed even though the torrent has 4-5 seeds and 70-80 peers as well but then I think that it takes time to have the flow of that speed but then once it get the flow then it stays consistent further without and drop downs in the speed and I have also found that when the seeds are 50-60 then I am able to get an average speed of 200+ KBps and even I agree that port forwarding the modem with the encryption really gives you a better speed.

I really don’t agree that the mtnl is giving a better speed with its connection because it has just been a week and I have got a new mtnl connection which says that I will get a - ul 256kbps speed but then I have found that I am getting much lower then what you all have specified here. I mean that it is just giving me a speed between 25-30kBps and even worse upload speed which is between 15-20kBps but then I don’t know if other are facing the same because my friend lives just a bit far from me and even he has the same mntl plan but then he is able to get speed up to 100kBps.In fact he had suggested me to go for mtnl but I don’t know what is the cause of it. I will be switching off to some other service if they won’t sort this out soon as I have complained regarding the same and they have said that they are looking in to this matter and will sort it out as soon as possible.

Even I am having the same plan and even I am not satisfied with the speed I am getting I guess that it usually vary according to the area but then I am not pretty much sure about it because even I have seen varying result in my area itself. I am planning to switch to the 512k connection after this week to check of that is making any difference and if it does then I will stick to it permanently so even I could enjoy the speeds that I have heard here.

Hey I have got it work I mean that I am getting better speed now I have noticed that I am getting speed up to 90kbs- 100kBps with the same plan I don’t know what the mtnl people have done from their side but then they has said me previously that they are working on it and today I have noticed that I am getting the above spped I was really surprised to see the same but then I am happy that I am getting 90kbs- 100kBps rather than 25-30kBps.