Thread: Network adapter is not working well with Tikona FUL799

Network adapter is not working well with Tikona FUL799

I have been using Tikona FUL799 since two months and the problem that I have started facing is that when I am using any browser and when I am trying to visit a website then the browser status bar shows says wait and the progress bar gets stuck at the middle and then nothing happens and it stays like that for hours without responding because of which I am not able to browse HTML pages but then I am able to download files and torrent at good speed. This problem is making me thing that there is something wrong with the network adapters but then I am not sure about the same. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out with this? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Network adapter is not working well with Tikona FUL799

I will like to know your problem in detail I mean that you told me that the problem started suddenly so do you remember what had you done previously and I also want to know which network adapter you are having just try to explain you problem in detail so I can understand it well.

Actually the problem has started after I have updated the driver for my WiFi adapter which is Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN for your information. I had updated the driver to the latest version recently and as far as I remember the device manager had showed me some entries I don’t remember the name but they were something like Microsoft adapter but each were showing error "Could not load driver (Code 31).I have also tried to uninstall them one by one and then reinstall them again in the same manner as well but then the problem still exist. Hope that you know understood my problem.

I will suggest you to try out the following:

• Use different browser such as Opera/ Chrome/Firefox and check if you are getting the same problem with all of them or they are varying in their response.
    • Make sure that you use the Windows Vista or windows 7.
    • Disable the IPV6 by going in to the TCP/Ip properties page.
    • You can also send me the ipconfig /all data so I could understand your problem better.

I have tried out the different browser such as IE, Opera, Chrome and firefox and all of them gave me the same response.

I am using Windows Vista 32bit.

I don’t know how to disable the IPV6 I mean that I don’t know how to access the TCP/IP properties??

I have sent you the ipconfig /all data through personal message just check it out and let me know.

I have gone through your ipconfig /all data and I will like to inform you that you should delete all the all Tunnel data because you don’t require them and I will also like to inform you that the Tikona unit cannot be accessed by any user and you will not be able to reset it as well.

Just go to Start> Network>Wlan>Properties>New page>Disable IPV6 and then just check out the WLAN card is enabled or no you can also select the "Configure" option in order to see all the options.

You can also try to check if you are able to connect in LAN mode and you can also try out System Restore in order to uninstall all the updated driver that you have specified above and then check restoring the old driver and see if it is making any difference. Just check these out and then let me know what you find.

I have followed your instruction and I have also tried disabling the IPv6 but then I don’t think that it is making any difference. I have found that when I clicked on the Properties for IPv6 it said me to install a network adapter card but then I don’t know how come the link 5100 AGN is reported to be working fine when I had troubleshooted it. I have also tried to switch back to the older driver but then even it is not helping me out. I have found that when I am trying to browse using Download Accelerator Plus integrated browser then the problem disappears and I am able to browse without any such problem but then I want a solution to get the other browser work fine as well. Any further help will be appreciated.

Yes even I had that option in my mind but I did not suggested you because you were looking for a solution to get your other browser working and as far as I know if you have os Windows 7 set for automatic download even then you will be able to get the proper driver without any problem so you can try that out. Other than that just make sure that the LAN mode is working normally. I also want you to check out something I mean that just click the WIFI icon in Task Bar and then try to select the listed options and check if you are getting any error message. If yes than just note it down and then let me know.

First of all I will like to inform you that I am not having Windows 7 and I am using windows vista as my operating system and I have also tried ti check the LAN mode and I have found that the Tikona is NOT working in LAN as well and I think that you have specified the location of the vista to check out the WIFI icon in Task Bar because I am not having any such icon in the taskbar in windows vista and when I checked for the error than I am getting Cannot communicate with DNS server. I don’t know that what it means do you have an idea about it??

Your problem is really weird I mean that you are saying that the Tikona is able to connect in the wifi mode.I just wanted you to make sure that your are login in using Dialer connection in order to get connected to the TIKONA wifi service but then if it is not possible to do so then you will not be able to set it up for LAN mode and I am sure about this in the Rukus unit and I think that you will have to contact the tikona service center and they will help you out with this.

Even I was facing this problem before but then I found out a trick to solve it out I mean that I just did a system restore by going in to the Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and after that I just set the date when the internet was working fine and then the problem disappeared. If you want you can try out the same and check if it is helping you out as well. Best of luck.

I have tried to do the same I mean I did a system restore and then I went for changing the date then I was not able to do that as you have specified I mean that even though I tried setting it to the previous date but after changing it I don’t think that it has actually taken that date because I am having the same response as that of the earlier. Have you found this solution somewhere or you have discovered it.