Thread: Airtel broadband is not servicing Modem

Airtel broadband is not servicing Modem

Friends, I am using Airtel broadband from the last few years, and if the modem gets not working then Airtel helped to correct this one. But recently, I get the problem with the modem and for correcting this problem I contacted with the Airtel, but now they are saying that they have changed policy and now it has to be done by consumer itself through seller service centers on charge basis. I am not getting here that who will not correct the problem of this modem, this is because, they have told that for correcting the problem I have to contact whit the seller service, but this modem I have got from the Airtel only??? Who own this modem now? I don’t know, please suggest me some way if you are having the suggestion about this and also tell me what does client agreement say about it? If you have some information about this.

Re: Airtel broadband is not servicing Modem

Here in your case, I can say that this is happing to you because, you have made a NON refundable Deposit for the modem. And for your information I would like to say here that Airtel owns the modem. Usually they do not insist on return of the modem. Even if you are going to report this modem to them then at that time it also might happens that their service staff, will just replace the modem or upgrade the firmware and disappear in a flash!

Yes, I also agree with the above user. And here you are getting the problem that your modem is not working in your cause then for that I will say you that it also happen that your broadband server is not responding for the modem. So for that, first make sure that this problem is related with the modem only or related with the broadband services. For making sure about this, contact with the Airtel and then they will help you to make sure that connection is Ok in your house or not. But in your case, I can see that the weeks link is the modem and possibility of modem is more to not work properly. And for getting resolve your problem; I will say you to check the online modem setting. And for checking this, you can also try with the TeamViewer, to even your computer settings. Try with this, hope that this will help you to configure your modem.

For that reason, I will suggest you about the TR-069 software stack for Customer Premises Equipment. This will help you to configuration your Premises Equipment. You can also try with this, and hope that this will help you to get resolve your modem services. I am suggesting you about this, because someone had told me when I was trying to resolve the same problem with the modem.

Yes, I am also agree with this. This is because, I have been some issue on this and I had complained this to the Airtel about this problem. At that time I get that engineer called up and said, modem will not be replaced due to recent decisions. What to do now?? I want to replace the modem but still not able to get the way that where can I replace this modem? When I checked for the problem myself at that time I get that the problem is related with the power supplies of the modem only. I hope Airtel will continue to replace when they die.

Hey all, thanks for providing me information about the new policy of the Airtel broadband. But can anyone tell e the way to replace this modem?? Where can I replace this one and get the new one instead of this.

Ok, if you are thinking for getting resolve your Modem problem then for that I will suggest you that you will need to spend the money for that. Because Airtel had changed his policy for servicing the modem. Here you can also replace this one and get the other one instead of this. And I am sure that there is no any other way to get resolve your modem problem.