Thread: BSNL FTTH in Gurgaon

BSNL FTTH in Gurgaon

Just wanted to say that bsnl have launched their ftth services in gurgaon as well, that’s what I want to say here. since you all must not be knowing about this and hence I am passing on the information to you all as well, so that’s what I am saying here. now what I want is that those who all have used it then do pass on the information as if what they felt about these service, so start replying over here on these guys as if what do you all think about the speed in gurgaon and any speed test results will beof great help for you that’s for sure, so that’s what I am saying here. do post here with some appropriate results that will be an interesting thing to watch out for sure.

Re: BSNL FTTH in Gurgaon

The installation is quick and also there is no complains about the speed as well. The test results I will be posting soon here only but overall I am quite happy with the service that has been offered by them I just want to say that they did bring a good smile on my face for that I am very much happy about it, credit should be given the bsnl people for implementing this that’s a good news for all of us.

I have got the 1 mbps connection and that too for Rs.950/month, no fiber involved and also no airwaves everything just perfect for me, so that’s why I have posted the results out here. yes I should admit that the upload speed of that is not good at all, that’s what I am saying here, rest all of them is quite good no complaints at all, don’t know it would be better if they could have explained why the upload speed is less why? So that I can get an better idea of the same, what say guys?

Check out if you have kept some utorrent application running or same sites who use high bandwidth can suck up the upload speed and hence you will not be getting to see some good upload speed for your connection.i hope that clears for you.

I am getting a downloadable speed of 75 kbps and that’s great and even they are offering internet connection for the tv as well as the phone and I foud it great so that’s why I got ready with the plan 825 which I think si the best deal of the lifetime. They were even offering onternet connection for the tv as well but I did not opt for that since I know that it will not be of use for me and after that the installation did take place and for that it took me 4.5K to get fixed up and that’s it. Nothing more you will have to do and after the installation the first thing that I did start was getting started with the downloading and I was very much happy with the speed that I got there and it was quite good I felt. So I am happy with whatever the services they have offered me.

I got a complaint from one of my friend saying that the ping results are not so much encouragoing and hence I would advise you to have acheck about the same and let me know what is the ping results that you have got that will be much better I feel, what say guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyla Rose View Post
    I got a complaint from one of my friend saying that the ping results are not so much encouragoing and hence I would advise you to have acheck about the same and let me know what is the ping results that you have got that will be much better I feel, what say guys.
    No issues such as ping is quite perfect and it is saying at the normal rate of 103 ms so that’s absolute fine for me don’t know about the different locations servers but for Mumbai it is quite good. So no need to worry about the same, so that’s what I want to say here. hope that’s ok for you, that’s it from my side for you.

Just now I saw a post which had said that there was no fiber cables involved and all airwaves that’s it. I want to check the connection of that I am very much excited to see how can that be possible at all. so if you have got a pic of that connection then do upload it as soon as possible that will be a better option I feel. so that’s what I am saying here. whereas I have heard that there are fibre cablea involved during the connection in one of the posts so I want to know how much truth is involved in that? I want to know about the same so it would be great if you can give me more information on that waiting for the necessary pictures from you all.

http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/bb_ftth.htm#q2

i couldn't find the FTTH service details on BSNL website. the one with monthly rent of Rs 950. is there any which is cheaper perhaps for 512 kbps?

besides, i will be moving in a few months, how should i go about getting a new broadband connection without paying too much for reinstallation etc.
    i stay in sector 42, gurgaon right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jinka View Post
    http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/bb_ftth.htm#q2

i couldn't find the FTTH service details on BSNL website. the one with monthly rent of Rs 950. is there any which is cheaper perhaps for 512 kbps?

besides, i will be moving in a few months, how should i go about getting a new broadband connection without paying too much for reinstallation etc.
    i stay in sector 42, gurgaon right now.
    Well, you can get all the latest tariff plans or any other broadband plans from here - http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/bb_ftth.htm . And whether it is supported in your area or not, you will have to confirm with their support team only. Also Rs. 950 is way to costly for a 512kbps plan. Here i pay only 600 Rs. including all taxes for 512kbps unlimited for hathway broadband.

Thank amil.
    anyone knows, how is hathway in gurgaon, around sec 42.

also, after checking on that website of BSNL, i went to the contact us page on the website to call them up regarding the details. BSNL, in it's contact us page, has not listed its phone no.

Yeah, it seems that they have removed or not put their telephone number on their site purposely, cause of customers complaints obviously. But if you are going with Hathway, you should know that if you exceed the download rate of 10gb in a month then your internet speed will be decreased to 256kbps from 512kbps due to their crap fair usage policy. So think twice for which one to go.

Fibres cable are involved in the connection I don’t think so that will be possible at all if anyone tries or attempts that connection witout the fibre cables. I don’t think so that will be possible at all.