Thread: FTTH connections for India and Pakistan

FTTH connections for India and Pakistan

I have heard about FTTH connection, I know something about that connection however I don’t have that much of knowledge about the features of FTTH connection, and what is the main purpose of FTTH, so I want some information about this connection and also want to know how many FTTH connection are there for India, how many people from India and Pakistan are using this connection so if you have any information regarding this issue then please help me out.

Re: FTTH connections for India and Pakistan

Fastweb which is the Italian operator; launched FTTH (Fiber to the Home) Services in 2001, the architecture use for this type of connection is Active Ethernet Point-to-Point architecture, At that time the service provide total connection to the thousands of subscribers’ this service main purpose is to transfer the Data, Videos, audios to their subscribers more than 10MB symmetrical dedicated fiber. By means of twisted pair, coaxial cable, wireless, power line communication, or optical fiber the signal can pass throughout the space. FTTH connection is a structure of fiber optic communication delivery in which the fiber extend from the essential office to the subscriber's living or working space.

By the end of 2011 the Telecom for the India also launched first ever FTTH Solution in Hyderabad, they have planned TO OMPLETE THE FTTH Connection in 20 major state by the end of 2011. Havai Broad band also declare to launched the Triple-play FTTH services in 2011. Mumbai most of the suburban and company have decided to spread the FTTH to their LAN and to the rural area.

In March 2011 Pakistan have 1.29 million broadband subscribers, as compare to February where it has up to 1.22 million subscribers. With the month earlier the number for DSL has increases the number of subscriber from 595,038 to 616,615. Furthermore, there were 5,993 FTTH users in March, up from 5,818 a month earlier, and 1,467 broadband subscribers used other technologies.

According to my simple calculation, if India has a population of 1.2bn and Pakistan have population of 190mn. So if Pakistan has 6k FTTH connections, India should have 40k connections for same saturation stage. As India is also known for it IT Sector, it should have the better FTTH connection as compare to the other country.

One of my friend have suggest me India is not good as compare to Pakistan for their telecommunication & Internet. As per the higher price for this FTTH connection from BSNL Company there are very few user for this connection in India we can simply says that only the couple of lakh user from India using this services.

Since fiber is well known for his high speed and band with the demand for the fiber connection is high in now days, and there is the need to deliver that much of speed in order to become the faster communication IT market, one can simply carry about 10Gbps of data by using the single wave length. But the cost for that is that much means you have to pay 999Rs for 1Mbps then imagine the cost for 1000 time more band width. So the other option for speed not that much but for the good speed you should go for DSL connection, if one wants 5-10Mbps, we can without difficulty get it on existing DSL connections, and we don’t actually need FTTH.

In order to get the Ultra speed and best internet connection, FTTH is the best option, the feature for this type of connection are as follow
    •There is the development for the triple play services all the way through fiber optic cable from central office to an individual home.
    •BSNL FTTH service is easy to get to on state of the capability for GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network Technology) a standard industrial by Full Service Access Network team as of operators and vendors worldwide.
    •FTTH bears voice, video plus ultra high speed internet on the same fiber & Digital Television.
    •It also support the format like MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and HDTV standard for TV and video download

Today most of the Indian people are rushing to get this connection because the service provides by FTTH is really the nice one, I just know few of the services so depending on that benefits you can get the answer for why so many people are using FTTH. As it supports for TV over IP Service (MPEG2) is provide by FTTH, Audio on Demand Service is also provide by FTTH, Bandwidth on Demand is also achieved by this FTTH, Point to Point and Point to Multi Point Video Conferencing, virtual classroom is also achieved by FTTH, Voice and Video Telephony over IP, Interactive Gaming, VPN on broadband, Dial up VPN Service, Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) this all service are available in FTTH connection. The main reason for the Indian increasing demands for FTTH in day to day market.

There are the demands for the RFTTH currently in India, this is all do to the supports of stake holders-SPs, cabling vendors, equipment vendors and organization integrators-to organize next generation networks. Since FTTH supports technologies for triple play services that make it for becoming a leading market for cabling vendors. For the last three year a lot of activities are occurrence on the voice and video fronts also for the reason that VoIP is now opened to the public which was not there before.