Thread: firmware update for BSNL MT841 modem

firmware update for BSNL MT841 modem

Hi, I am using BSNL connection from last couple of years and I have MT-841 modem installed at my residence. And since the day I have bough it I have never update the software version of the modem, but yesterday when I came across some of the website I came to know that Version V100R001C01B021SP01 is available for the modem, and thus I am very eager to have this update for my machine, but as I have already mentioned I haven’t done it ever before thus don’t know how to install that firmware update, need step wise procedure.

And please let me know whether the update that I have mentioned is stable or not, because I have heard lots of time as newer version is not stable actually. and if suppose I am not satisfied with the newer version that will it be downgraded to the previous version again? and please let me know some of the feature of the same version, is it worthy to install this firmware?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: firmware update for BSNL MT841 modem

See I don’t know how to install as I had call the BSNL for the same and they send their executive and he installed this firmware actually in my modem. But the surest thing that I can tell you about the newer firmware is like it is stable and once you install it in your modem you are just ready to use it as you’ll not have any problem with it, and as a new feature I have noticed very good communication speed over different network. thus would like to recommend you to have this firmware in your device.

ok that’s quite good as I am also planning to contact BSNL office about the same but still that please let me know from where can I get this firmware for the modem?

Well, You require to speak to your equipment supplier to obtain the applicable software because we regularly supply all suitable software’s to them directly.

Or else you can simply contact BSNL about the firmware updating, but I don’t know whether it will charge you or not. but you can have another option as well, I mean to say you can have the software for the modem directly from the internet.

you can go through the manual given to you with the modem, they must have been provided the step wise procedure to install the firmware in the modem. But if you are not very much aware about the stuff you should hire any engineer who knows about the installation procedure, because any wrong step will cause any problem in the device.

After installing the firmware in your device don’t forget to update the drivers as well, as they are the most essential thing, or else you’ll get that much difference.

see you can simply download the guide as well from where you’ll get the idea about the installation of the newer firmware. Or else simply follow the steps that I am mentioning below.

1. First of all you have to open the browser(internet explorer is recommended) and type 192.168.1.1 in address bar.

2. After entering the address you’ll be prompt for username and password and you have to enter admin to both the fields and as you completed with this you’ll see the home page.

3. Now from that page Go to Tools and click on “Firmware Upgrade”.

4. as you click over there you have to now browse the firmware that you want to install.

(Make sure that you have downloaded that software first to your computer so that you can browse it ahead)

5. Select the file and Click OPEN and clicked on apply to update the firmware and it will take some time so be patient.

6. You can check the version from the home page again.

I have done the thing as you have mentioned over here, but don’t know what went wrong but didn’t update the firmware as I have expected.

You should try to make sure that you have downloaded correct update file for your modem and according to the model you have. Because firmware are conscious about the model, you cannot make use of the one which is made for another.

After that you should make sure that the internet connection that you are using is also active.

And if suppose you are still getting the same problem then you should try to contact BSNL for further assistance.