Thread: Now Airtel is blocking my private tracker

Now Airtel is blocking my private tracker

This is not the first issue that I am experiencing after getting Airtel broadband connection. And this time Airtel has blocked a private tracker which I was visiting daily. There is no problem in opening the homepage of the website but after typing username and password, when I click on log in button, I get nothing but just a blank page. Initially I was thinking that it is an issue because of the browser, but later I noticed that I can access the webpage without any problem when access it on my computer via my friend’s Tata photon. I can also view that site if I use proxy but I am not able to that with my Airtel connection. Is this problem is with me only, or anyone else has the same issue with their favorite websites/tracker? If there is any fix then please reply.

re: Now Airtel is blocking my private tracker

Yes, I am also not able to access the private tracker which I used to visit most of the time. It is really annoying and Airtel keep on adding limitations with it, I don’t understand why. Other broadband are giving better services and Airtel is just taking away things. When they entered in the broadband industry they were really great company, but day by day one-one feature is either removed or is limited. I hope they don’t continue doing this in future also.

That’s really a bad thing from Airtel. By the way, what is the name of the private tracker that you are trying to visit?

You all might be knowing that Airtel has increased Fair usage policies recently. So, I think that they are finding different ways to reduce the usage by consumers now. And it is the one of those ways to reduce usage.

I called Airtel customer care for three times. First time when I called them, then they said it is not their fault and so they refused to do anything. And next day, when my friend said to call them again, I called them again and this time, they told that an engineer will visit my home to address the real issue. And next day the engineer called me and told me to try using it on a laptop and then to check whether the problem still occurs or not. I did what he said and when I got the same problem again, then I called him again and he told me that he will see. But he didn’t come at my home till now also. I sent them several emails also, but they always reply with just a reference number instead of a clear answer.

I am also having the same issue. I was thinking this is the problem with my computer only, but as I am seeing that other Airtel users also have same problem, now I think that this is the Airtel’s fault. Instead of providing better services to their customers, they are keeping their customers off their favorite sites.

Re: Now Airtel is blocking my private tracker

It is not necessary that Airtel is doing this intentionally. I am having a BSNL broadband connection and some years ago they also blocked up bwtorrents. However, after some day, they removed the block. So, you should also wait for some time and who knows, if they also remove the block from the sites that you want to visit. And I think they are surely going to remove this block, because none of the ISPs will want to lose their customers.