Thread: Suggestion for the best broadband ISP in Kolkata?

Suggestion for the best broadband ISP in Kolkata?

I am living in Kolkata, India. I was preparing to get a broadband connection at my home. But I am little bit confused about which ISP should I choose for my broadband connection. I want to get connection from the best Broadband ISP. So, if any user here belongs from Kolkata, and got experienced with using several Broadband ISP’s service, or if anyone knows the best ISP for the users of Kolkata then please suggest me, to which I should get connection of broadband internet.

Re: Suggestion for the best broadband ISP in Kolkata?

According to my experience with several ISPs, I think you should go for Reliance Broadband. And don’t ever get connection from tata indicom, webel ISP, or even sify, because, there installation charges are too higher. Installation charges from BSNL is comparatively less, but if you get connection from then you are not going to get accurate speed all the time, as they mix the 256kbps speed among 3 or 4 users without letting you know. And that’s why you will never get accurate or constant speed from them.
    As far as Reliance broadband is concerned, it is really better than the other ISPs. If you get a local ISP, then you should be aware, as they don’t provide you static IPs or public IPs. Which means you will not be able to connect with other computers by IPs and therefore you will not be able to play multiplayer games. However, I don’t have very much idea about Airtel in Kolkata, but my friends from other states of India always complain about its service. So, you should definitely get Reliance broadband connection.

I will not mind if the installation charges are little expensive for one time, but they should give me the best service and the best tariff plans. I heard several things about webel ISP also, can you tell me how its service is and what their tariffs for broadband packages are.

Webel ISP also provides good service. But, you might know, it is the local ISP of West Bengal government and I have seen that there are many router related problem and firewall problems associated with Webel ISP. I am still trying to fix those issue but their engineers are not able to help me. If you are not concern with those problems, then it is a good ISP for you. And also as I mentioned above, they will not going to provide you with external IP as they block it for some security means. So, you will not be able to connect with other PCs, and hence you will not be able to enjoy multiplayer games online.

I will also suggest you to get Reliance broadband connection, or if can get Airtel then you can give that a try also. BSNL is also good. There were some problems associated with BSNL but now it seems that they have fixed those issue, because now neither of my friends are complaining anything about BSNL connection.

If you really want the best broadband connection in Kolkata then I will suggest you to go for BSNL only, because, they are the best not only in Kolkata but also in other states. I prefer BSNL for one more reason, as they don’t do torrent throttling like other Internet service providers.

Yes, I will also suggest you to get broadband connection from BSNL only. And if don’t want to take BSNL broadband then if know any local cable guy near your home then you can also get broadband connection from that cable guy also. He will explain about their custom plans that they can provide.

what about getting broadband connection from Tikona. I heard from some people that it is also provides good tariff for their broadband packages.

Yes, Tikona also provides better service, speed and minimum rent. They provide good speed ant lower price, so their broadband plans are also good. But, I will suggest you that you should go for Tikona only if you can get a good network coverage in your area. If you are not getting powerful network at your home then never get Tikona. And in this case, the only broadband I will suggest you for is BSNL Dataone broadband