Thread: Login page authentication system in ISP

Login page authentication system in ISP

I am planning to buy the new broadband connection. But before that I want need some information regarding the service providers. Many of the internet providers use the login page authentication before starting the internet each time. I want to know which of them requires such a authentication for starting the internet. Since I don’t want login authentication each time when I start the internet. So please provide me some information regarding it.

Re: Login page authentication system in ISP

Yes, some of the broadband providers requires authentication while using their internet. Many of us never like to do this each time when we start our internet. I am also don’t like this while using it. I don’t have complete information but I will help you to give some of those which will provide the authentication.I think Tikona is using such a technique. My friend used it. Also I think bean broadband service also requires authentication.

I am currently using hathway 2Mbps plan. While starting the internet I don’t require any authentication while starting the net. I think fivenet broadband requires authentication. Since some people in our building. If you are using the wireless router you can do some configuration. You can configure it to the auto dial. So whenever you try to start the internet there is no need to use the username and password. You doesn’t need to be tense of the internet process will be seamless.

I am right now using the internet from the Hathway broadband right now it doesn’t requires any authentication. It doesn’t require any authentication. As per my information the Dial authentication is used by many of the ISPs. Such as BSNL, MTNL and TATA. And I never agreed with the what he says with about auto connect. I don’t think auto connect will be possible with it. And why you have problem while using login since its available only once when you start the intrenet.

Hello friend, currently I am using the spectranet wireless broadband plan. And I have to enter the my username and password to verify that I am authentic user for them before using the internet. It happens only once when I connect it to the internet at first time. If the connection becomes idle for long time then again it will asks for the verification. I have no idea regarding the time of ideal state when we require being authentication. Still I think it happens after one hour of idle time.

Yes I am also using the spectranet wireless broadband. And yes it requires authentication while when we start the broadband for the first time. And about the idle time then when keeps the login idle without doing any browsing or download. It gets logs us out. And we have to re verify the user authentication. The time of the idle become around 45 to 60 minutes. And other services which use such a authentication are bsnl broadband, mtnl broadband, tikona broadband, tata broadband as well I think. I Don’t have any idea about sify broadband.

Thanks for providing the information about the ISP which uses the authentication. I think hathway is good for me since I am living in the western suburban of Mumbai. And only one service is hathway which doesn’t requires authentication. And they have the good plan list. And the other service providers which available in area like mtnl , but it requires the authentication so will prefer to go with Hathway itself.