Thread: Frequent downtime short duration in Airtel Broadband

Frequent downtime short duration in Airtel Broadband

I recently had to deal with the disconnection of Airtel broadband connection since I updated my plan of 4 Mbps in the last week of June. I complained twice, and, unexpectedly, a not many days received the SMS that the crisis has been solved, even if no one visits me. What sucks more is that the trouble still continues. This has been happening a lot with me in recent days. Does anyone else suffer this?

Re: Frequent downtime short duration in Airtel Broadband

I even had trouble itself over the last 5-6 days. Not exactly disconnect because I can see the configuration of the router I'm connected and have an IP address of Airtel, but I have broken pings (usually ping Google or Bing) and only 6.5% of the pings go, the rest will fail. I've been trying to download Windows Server 2008 edition that I have for free from MSFT (MSDNAA) to install on my PC, but even with the minor setback relationship, stops and starts again. Moreover, this keeps happening half an hour, and then fixed automatically. It usually happens at night. In this way a period of one hour, no matter how often physically reset the router, connecting or not connecting, if you will, remain "broken", as explained above.

I called Airtel (in 198, did not bother to mention all the details to the call center people, who are idiots anyway). The guy came to 1 hour of my complaint, which is amazing (I thought customer service had gone to shit). Anyway, the customer was informed and above all knows what he does. He was able to navigate Mac OS X Terminal.app and find where he met a few ping tests. Obviously, the subject is randomly disconnected, and as fate would have it there was no disconnection after 30 minutes he was at my house.

Since I have my own router, Airtel blamed the issue on the router. The Airtel cannot provide support for routers from other manufacturers. I have WAG54G2 Linksys, which is a pretty decent router IMO, and I do not think the router is the problem. I also said that many people face this problem. So I told them that is not even a topic located. Now, what to see is if this problem occurs in synchrony, ie, if the cut occurs at the same time for everyone.

Anyone facing the same problem as us, I ask you to synchronize your computer clock with an Internet server (if you do not already) and please note the exact time interval in which the next cut / disconnect occurs. Immediately after the range (s) here if we are struck simultaneously, at least we have a case of Airtel that this issue is not on our side. Airtel not update / modify your server. I also came to know Airtel is having a problem. I also very dejected face as 10 minutes in 2 r 3 hours. Ping to the door so no DNS works well, but fails to ping any website could have a serious problem.

For the past two years AirtelBB was really good, but as this issue has come, they are not interested in solving this problem. Can anyone tell me the exact scaling matrix? I reported the problem on May 15 and who have created the numbers get as many. For it and closed it without real solution to it. Although I told them not to close the application without my information each time you close the application without my confirmation and there is no solution to the problem.

Rate plans and product offerings are also being developed for customers who do not want 24 hours a day eight Mbps speed, but we want for certain applications or a short period of time, take advantage of the new offer. "With the 8Mbps speed, our network will also be IPTV ready," he said adding the pilot project in NCR has been going on successfully and once clarity in government regulation came through, Airtel would be able to launch service in NCR and subsequently in other places