Thread: What is the maximum speed required to watch youtube videos without buffering?

What is the maximum speed required to watch youtube videos without buffering?

Hi, I have been using a very average internet connection and which I would say is not reliable for sure. And I uses to watch the videos through youtube and really the thing is like I just putted in very awful condition. As whenever I tried to watch any video it just took too much time to buffer and then only I can see the video. Hence I have planned to take another setup with higher speed at my residence and because of that only I want to know what speed of internet shall we get in order to stream the content without any buffering? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: What is the maximum speed required to watch youtube videos without buffering?

See I would say there are multiple factors that can affect the internet speed, so I would say if you are using a good connection then you should not have to setup a connection again. Because youtube doesn’t take that much bandwidth in the connection as if suppose you are having a setup of 512KBPS even then you can watch the videos with very ease. And there isn’t any problem with this, but if you are using a connection lesser than these than I would say you can buy the connection up to 512KBPS.

Re: What is the maximum speed required to watch youtube videos without buffering?

I am agree with the above user as you need to have a connection above 512KBPS. And you are perfectly OK to stream any flash content from any website. If you are looking at for the good quality and willing to buy a new connection with better FPS at the time of watching videos then you can have 1MBPS plan and In that you can have 240P at very good speed. And you don’t have to wait till the video gets buffered.

I am using the 2MBPS plan and in that I can see the videos at very good speed without waiting for the buffering at maximum resolution of 360P but if suppose I just increase the Pixel quality it gets little bit slower than the previous one. I mean to say whenever we increase the pixel quality the video gets better to view but with this speed we can see the videos very well at 360P as I mentioned. And according to that’s quite enough.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should get the 2MBPS plan at your residence as that’s quite enough for watching the videos on youtube but still if you are looking for a HD quality videos then this might not be sufficient. Rather you need to have very good speed, I mean to say you can have a plan 5MBPS or 8 MBPS. So that you can see the videos till 720P resolution. but thing is like as mentioned by the above user you should always concern about other factors as well that can affect the internet speed.

Hey thanks for the complementary suggestion as It was really helpful really but I am little bit confuse as what are those factors are you talking about, about what shall I need to concentrate? And let me tell currently I am using a 1 MBPS plan but still sometimes the videos gets pixelate in between and I am not able to view then in HD quality and if I select that quality so it takes too much time for buffering. And by the way which ISP’s plan should I buy?

I would like to suggest you that you can have a internet connection from the airtel because as the extent to I know that is the only brand which is offering 4MBPS of plan, and off course they are very reliable with their services. But still you can have option to go through the website’s of each provider so can be able to figure out the price and the tariff plans. You can have another option as well like you can have a data card as well instead of having a fixed wired network.