Thread: Video Streaming with MTNL Broadband plan

Video Streaming with MTNL Broadband plan

I am having some issues while playing videos from any site on my browser. I don’t know what exactly the problem is whenever I play the video on browser it can’t run perfectly. Right now I have purchased MTNL DSL_555_UNLIMITE plan. With this plan I am getting the speed of the 1mbps on this plan from 8pm to 8 am morning and also on Sunday. But whenever I play the video in between these times. I can’t able to play the video perfectly it gets paused every 2 seconds. I the 1mbps plane is good for watching videos or I need to upgrade my plane to more bandwidth.

Re: Video Streaming with MTNL Broadband plan

Actually I don’t know which website you watching videos from. Since various websites used different formats and all runs at different bitrates. Also the quality of the video is main factor and the pixels at which it runs. If you are trying to watch the HD video using this speed then it’s not possible to watch the HD videos at this speed. Since to watch HD quality video requires around 4 to 5 mbps speed to watch this videos. But you can watch around 360p videos using your speed.

I have such a problem few days back with my internet. I can’t able to watch videos on the site perfectly it loads around 2 sec. I have used the speedtest to check the speed of my connection. And I see that it’s lower than what it has to be. I have contacted to the customer care about it. They solved my problem. So try to do it check your speed on speedtest if its problem with the speed then try to contact the customer care. They will help you to resolve your issue.

Thanks for replying. I have tried many of the sites such as youtube, megavideos but the problem is same while playing the videos. I am not playing the HD videos. I am trying to play the videos with the low quality it’s around 360p. I can’t able to play the videos. I have checked the speedtest . and I am getting the speed of around .90 mbps. I am getting the download speed while downloading the content. Only problem is with the videos watching. And its happens to videos of 10 minutes.

I am also using the MTNL broadband plan. I am also cant able to watch videos perfectly form any site. I think its problem with only MTNL connections and not with others. The speed of broadband connection is slightly fluctuating. I have tested with the pingtest. It will test the compatibility of internet connection. And as I see that the pings reply it’s not compatible for the multimedia. It requires the speed with static connection. So we can able to watch the videos.

If you are facing the problem. You can try this to solve the problem of the video watching. Sometimes such a problem occurs if the cache file of the web browser is filled with internet files. If it has more content in it we will get problem while playing the videos or browsing the web. So try to clear the cache files. It will help you to improve the speed of the browser while browsing and watching videos. And as you say 320p videos can be watchable on this speed without any pause. Try to clear cache if you are still facing problem try to get new broadband plan with other service provider.

I am right now using MTNL broadband only. I am having DSL_COMBO_1249 which is giving me the speed of 2mbps day and night also. When I try to play the videos. it will runs correctly without any hiccups. It has fair usage policy which will downgrade your speed when you reach around 20GB. The speed is good for watching videos up to 480p. I will suggest you to upgrade to this plan. Also Airtel has 4mbps plan by paying around 1400. It has 4mbps speed which is the main factor and has fair usage policy up to 30GB.