Thread: ISP provider says that they will provide 80% of speed

ISP provider says that they will provide 80% of speed

I am having some issue with my Internet service provider. I have subscribed to the 4Mbps plan few days back. While browsing the net I am getting less speed. While browsing and downloading. I have checked my speed using the speed test. So I am getting the speed which is around 1 mbps and sometimes get around 2.8 mbps. The speed is not exceeding above 2.8 mbps. I have called regarding this to customer care of them. So I told them about the problem to them. So they told me that they will be providing around 80% of its bandwidth since they are following the rules of TRIA. Can anyone know what the actual problem is?

Re: ISP provider says that they will provide 80% of speed

I don’t think it’s correct if we see it technically. You are getting speed around 2.8Mbps as you specified and sometimes less than that also. I don’t think it’s the 80% speed of 4Mbps. 80 % of the 4 Mbps will be in between 3.2 to 3.3 Mbps. So they were providing wrong information to you. I don’t think they are providing 4mbps planes in your area. So check whether the plan is 4mbps or not. Ask your friends if anyone of them are using the 4mbps plan in your are do they get the speed around 3.2 to 3.3 mbps. You haven’t specified the broadband provider you are using for this plan.

I agreed with what he is saying; right now I am using MTNL with 1Mbps. MTNL also follows TRIA policy of providing the speed 80% of the original speed. So I am getting actually 80% speed only. so its compulsory for your provider to provide speed which is the 80% of the original on the given speed and the tariff condition. I don’t think customer care knows about it. They are trying to fool you. I will suggest you try to call them and ask about it again. If they are not giving the solutions . Try to go to the consumer court also you can contact TRIA regarding the situation you are facing.

I think the customer care is providing wrong information. Since the customer care don’t know complete think about the rules and regulations. In your case your ISP is providing the speed of 4mbps to you. But has to be 80% of that speed while reaching you. So the download speed must be in between 3.2 mbps to 4mbps while using download the content form the net. The cable which is coming from service provider has to support at least 3.2Mbps of the speed.

Yes he is right the cable has to be compatible with the speed and has to carry the data of 3.2mbps. so check the status of the ADSL modem. It has to be in-between 3355443bps or 3277kbps since you are using the 4Mbps plan. Check it. If you are not getting the speed try to contact the ISP provider regarding the problem. They have to provide 80% of speed to the subscribers. Otherwise they have to provide 1:1 ration which they can’t do.

The ISP provider who sold him the plan has fooled him. And also customer care is trying to do same thing with him by giving wrong reasons for low speed. And the rule of 80% by TRIA is correct one. So the speed must be 3.2 mbps only. But he is not getting that much also. The ISP provider cannot apply their own margins for the speed. They have to Follow TRIA rules. Call them tell them that about TRIA as them to increase the bandwidth of your internet connection

Two of the main factors while the speed was determine.
    1. Distance which is from the equipment of them. It must be less than 4km. it’s the distance of the wire for getting the speed of around 3.2 mbps.
    2. And the factors are the quality of the cable. This has to be good. Coating of the wire must be perfect. Since sometimes due to natural problems. The wire can become damaged.
    3. The connectors connected to your pc and the ISP device has to be of good quality and long lasting and has to be water proof.
    Those are the factors which also cause the speed lose.