Thread: Can torrent be blocked from all ports over modem?

Can torrent be blocked from all ports over modem?

Hello friend I have been using an bsnl Broadband connection and I am using this in sharing with one of my neighbor and the problem is he is using torrent and fetching away complete speed of mine and I don’t get a proper network so I just want to reduce his speed and get some good speed for self can I do that and I want to do it without him knowing anything about this so is it possible?

re: Can torrent be blocked from all ports over modem?

Well first I would ask you why are you having such kind of dealing like sharing it with you neighbors and all and apart from that now what we can do is, If you know the port you are using torrent downloads that can block. But perhaps useless if your torrent client resets the port each time it starts. Just limit your download speed if your router supports or simply block it. If he is a good friend of yours you can ask him to stop the torrent when you need the internet in full speed anyways, Personally, I'd recommend just tell him to stop downloading torrents and if it continues, you'll get the blocking of your router.

IF you are the network administrator, then you can block all tracking URLs, but only public ones, have no effect if you are using private or magnet links DHT however. Can only block tracker announce url of your firewall hardware or software used Outpost Pro firewall and then you can rule the world network of that. Or kick just outside the network and then I would also like to tell you that don’t use such plans and schemes have a low price internet but have it for you don’t share it with anyone.

That’s all what you can do in this case when you yourself had created a problem then you yourself have to get rid of it either by having a fight with your neighbor or blocking him and even blocking him would be leading to have a fight with him so with this I mean is do anything you would have to have a fight with your neighbor so I think you can have a talk with him or you just wait for the next month and get it separated that’s it what you can do.

If you are the Admin then definitely you can limit his speed and increases your but I think you would have a best thing to do is that you can separate it, because that is the best thing what you can do I don’t know if there is any other way to solve this problem but I think when you would be doing this he would definitely ask you what have you done and I think he would not it out that you have done it so I don’t think there is any way by which you can do that without letting him know about it.

Definitely you can do this and it is not a big task and then if he has any problem with that then you can just explain him whats the problem and if continue to do this he would be continued to face this problem so better he should co-operate with you and should not use the torrent and i think these guys are right you should not use any such plans and in which you have to share the net with some one because these case would be arises always.

Re: Can torrent be blocked from all ports over modem?

off course it can be same case as you have been saying is with me and i have really enjoyed it but teaching ma neighbor a lesson and i have done this whenever he try to cheat me if you have the router than definitely you can do this and enjoy the full speed i would say if he has done this then you also do the same try to make him regret for this by blocking it now and limiting his speed then he would automatically know what he has done.

Re: Can torrent be blocked from all ports over modem?

Hey guys thanks for your contribution my problem is solved now i did the same i blocked him and i would thanks Theking for telling me what actually happened and you were right friend i got my energy by reading at it and i did had a fight with him in both ways but he got a proper treatment as he was doin with me and he got it and i am happy with this and now i have change my plan and using it along now.