• YES

5 83.33%
  • NO

1 16.67%

Thread: False Usage Charges - TATA Photon Plus

angry False Usage Charges - TATA Photon Plus

Hi,

My Tata Prepaid Photon Plus No. is 9221166042

I had raised complaint on this on 6th ofJune,2011. My usage showed 3 GB being used within 15 days which is just impossible for me
    considering the amount of time i visit internet. I lost 1001 Rs. within
    15 days time, apart from the time i had to spent following up with the Helpdesk.

I recharged again on 8th of June,2011 with 200 Rs. for 250 MB since i
    wanted to surf cautiously and make sure that i do not download
    anything. Still my usage for the day showed at 70 MB. I am
    surprised just for surfing the net, that too without Videos / Audios
    how come it is showing 70 MB usage.

I have been using Hathway internet since last four years which gives
    4 GB for four months for the Prepaid charge of Rs. 1,300.00 and if one is to check the records then it can be easily found that i have never consumed
    One GB in a month. Here Tata is showing that I have used 3 GB in 15
    Days. There seems to be a big fraud happening either by employees of TATA or a big system issue.

I have lost my money again and i am trapped since i have bought TATA Photon Plus instrument.

I am really frustrated at the Tata experience now. Would really appreciate your early response as to what can be done now. I can not just digest how such a big company can take customers for granted.

I would like to go to consumer court, however not sure of the steps. Could anybody please help.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ritesh Joshi

Re: False Usage Charges - TATA Photon Plus

Well, i have faced this issue many times with TATA Photon and Reliance as well. But never went to Consumer court because i know i'll need to spend more money than i lost with TATA also i'll need to waste my time. So, i'll suggest you to Stop using these services and go with Hathway. Am too using Hathway 512 Unlimited , 550 INR / month. Never had any issues. But still if you want to go Consumer court you can go, remember, you will need to hamper your work and waste precious time and money.

Hey Shikhar,

I agree with you but atleast we should frustrate them by logging complaints again and again. I did frustrate them because i had decided that i will not leave then just like that.

The good news is that I got one more subscriber of Tata Photon in my office who is facing the same issue. I am sure he would also not like to waste his time.

However I have some questions in my mind. Just think about it.

Do we INDIANS deserve to be treated like this ?
    Is TATA and Reliance anti Indian ?
    Are they looting all the Indians ?
    Is there anyway we can teach them a lesson ? I know people in foreign countries do that.

Don't know if anyone can agree. I have faced problems from all the Tata Services i.e. Chroma / Tata Motors / Tata Photon.

I have boycotted TATA which means do not use TATA product.

I wanted to buy clothes from Westside but now since i look at the owners and then buy i checked at the website and found that it belongs to TATA and i bought from lifestyle.

Not sure if all of us can do this but we have to if we want to make india shine and get rid of all such DESHDROHIS.

Hi ritesh272004,

I agree to what you have written, but we cant do much either cause Indian standard of ISP's are very poor, its just with one service but with all. Tata and and Reliance are not anti Indians but they are rivals in the market. Tata were born rich where else Reliance became rich by rolling all public money. If people in India are coping with them then there is nothing one man can or anyone can do anything.

Even i experienced dis. Just readings emails i charged 57mb dat in just half an hour.

This happened with me too, Bought Tata Photon+ (prepaid) 1 month back, now I'm regretting it! Speed is not an issue, but there is no transparency on usage. If i browse web for 2 hours they deduct 200-300 MB from my account, and those sites are not even heavy on graphics. I don't even visit youtube from the fear of crossing my usage limit. I never expected this from a company like Tata. I warn anyone who wants to buy Tata Photon+, please don't buy it.

Even though tata won't solve problem, many members who read these complaints will stay away from the company. I had similar problems with tata docomo. Their gprs plans were good. GPRS usage was also correct. But they keep deducting money for services which i never subscribed. They never refunded money. Airtel tariffs are expensive compared to other service providers. But they refunded money whenever i made complaint in consumer court forums. Now a days they are not deducting money may be because i make complaint each time. BSNL never deducted money for unwanted services. I hope in future people will stop buying products and services after watching ads and start buying after reading articles and comments in forums and blogs.