Thread: Need Vodafone SMS and USSD codes

Need Vodafone SMS and USSD codes

I am using Vodafone sim card on my cell phone. I want to know the sms codes of my service provider through which I can activate or deactivate any service. I also want to know the ussd codes, which would provide me information. Like, for balance enquiry, ussd code is *141#. So I want to know more ussd and sms codes, which would provide be with more information like which is the latest offer, calling rates, etc and also I can activate or deactivate any service without calling customer service center.

Re: Need Vodafone SMS and USSD codes

You can find sms codes and ussd codes from Vodafone sim manual. Whenever you purchase any new sim card, then you are been provided with a manual, which contains basic information about your sim card, some of the sms and ussd codes. I am listing some of the ussd codes which would provide you with some basic information. For checking gprs balance and its validity, you can use *225*6#. If you will dial *444#, then a small menu would be popped up which contains information about recharges and gprs.

Here are some more, In order to prevent telemarketing calls from several companies, you can register for DO NOT CALL service from TRAI. For this you need to sms START DND to 1909, and your no. would be added to do not disturb list. If you want to check 3G data balance you can dial *141*10# and for checking data account balance for EDGE, then you can dial *141*9#.

When you dial *141#, then you see your main balance, which is your actual talk time. But sometimes, you get free minutes, which could be Local, STD, ISD, and that balance is not shown in main balance. So In order to check these balances, you can see following codes. You can get local and national SMS balance by dialing *141*1#. For local V2V minutes, dial *141*2#. STD minutes by *141*4#, and so on for local night minutes, ISD minutes.

You can use the below sms codes for activating a particular service. You have to send sms to 111 and format for sending sms is ACT <code>. For eg. If you want to activate caller tunes service, then you have to send sms as ACT CT to 111. Likewise, VL is for Vodafone live services, CC is for Conference call service, IB is for itemized billing, BIR for activating international roaming. Similarly for deactivating any services, you should replace ACT by CAN and send the sms.