Thread: Airtel Giving Less Speed on Torrent

Airtel Giving Less Speed on Torrent

I am using airtel 2mbps plan on my computer. I am enjoying downloading from various sites. I am able to get enough speed when I downloading from these websites. But when I download anything using torrent, then I obtain no more than 30kbps speed and when I check my speed it shows 2mbps. I previously reseted my modem by mistake. I am in no doubt this have to do some thing with this speed. However I don’t know how to solve it.

Re: Airtel Giving Less Speed on Torrent

You need knowing two things here. While you are talking of torrents speed, then it will be kilobytes per second and your checked speed is 2 megabits per second. A byte consists of 8 bits. Consequently you should recognize that the difference you are talking about is not 2 million to 30 thousand but 2 million to 240 thousand. Still low I know but not as bad as you thought. You never analyze your internet through torrent client, as the torrent speed is measured by number of factors.

I have noticed that downloads which are done directly through some sites are getting downloaded at faster speed and whenever done through torrent then it end up giving slow speed. I am observing this from many years, might this is happening because numbers of users nowadays are using torrents as their means of downloading, as they easily found out needed stuff’s their. Low speed also depends upon the seeders from which you are downloading.

Their must be something wrong with your torrent client. Try to use torrent clients like bittorrnet, utorrent and don’t go for any other torrent client. If you are already using this, then try re installing your torrent client. Because some of the needed files that torrent client require might have got corrupted or deleted, so due to that, your torrent client is not able to acquire maximum speed. If you are downloading a particular file, and the same file is downloaded by no. of users, then your seed is not able to provide all of them a good speed for download.

In this case, try to disable firewall and then try downloading again from torrent, or else add a rule in firewall exception list. Usually firewall blocks every incoming/outgoing connection, except those specified in the exception rule list. So add a rule for your torrent client, so that it is not blocked by your firewall. You may also try port forwarding, or use any accelerator utility which would help you to increase your downloading speed.

Your torrent download speed might be less because of several factors. The seeder, who has shared the file on torrent, so that you can download that easily, might have less upload speed. So this factor affects your download speed and hence your torrent client gets lesser download speed. The peers who download files from the seeders, also upload the files, hence their maximum bandwidth is consumed for downloading, so due to this their upload speed gets lower. So try to keep minimum upload speed, i.e. don’t keep 1 kbps upload speed, keep it above3-4 kbps.