Thread: Can ever Indian broadband be as good as US?

Can ever Indian broadband be as good as US?

Hi, I am using the broadband services and I observe that the speed what we get, that if we compare to other countries broadband, we have very awful condition in our India, as we are getting almost 3x lower speed then them, and my brother stays at US and we were just discussing about this only yesterday, can ever Indian broadband being as good as US?

re: Can ever Indian broadband be as good as US?

Yeah, you heard it correctly brother, like we have not that powerful connections as US or you can say any other foreign countries, are using this days, maybe I think we have to wait for at least a decade for such a speed, but if I say after a decade even after we get such a speed, they would again have 10x more than us, it is quite surprising, and funny rather.. but it is the truth regarding the Indian broadband.

As you know most of the speed test are host a Speed test Module on US server only but not in India, because the most important reason behind this is Indian ISP’s have very poorly written speed test modules, which are generally hosted on their network only, and when the speed test is perform most of the time it doesn’t work, and even if it is run it always gives the result lesser then they had promised.

If we calculate the average speed of US broadband, It reaches 3.9 MBps, and according to the latest data, united states continues to wrap when it comes to user broadband speed, according to Akamai, it put the US at eighteenth place. Where if we think, than who will be at the first place, your thinking has got an end with the name south Corea, which gives the average speed of 14.6 mbps. And Japan secured a second position. However we should compare compete with this country rather than US.

According to the companies reviews, only 19% of the internet connection around the world were at speed more than 5 mbps. And by the way which service are you using? If you are using either BSNL or something MTNL’s services, I would rather suggest you to use Airtel broadband as they have many more plans then the above mentioned companies offering. And the services is also reliable, airtel provides error free connection oriented services.

See, here I mentioning some internet plans either you can move on to that, but if you are having more than that then its good I must say. You can get the airtel’s 4 mbps broadband in just rupees 899 only, and TATA is proving unlimited usage at rupees 750 per month, but I am not surely aware of the speed. Other best way is you can move to 3G services, which is most popular now a days, and as there are so many providers competing for the market, we’ll surely the benefit, though their plans are still too costly.