Thread: Should I switch to TATA Docomo 3G From Vodafone 3G?

Should I switch to TATA Docomo 3G From Vodafone 3G?

Hello guys I am from Pune, currently I am a Vodafone customer and I planning to change my service provider as I heard that network coverage area of Tata Docomo is constantly increasing in Pune and also as Tata Docomo have better 3G plans and it also have good sound clarity through WCDMA. And as Tata wasn’t involved in 2G scam I am thinking to go with this company rather than paying to an UK based company. Guys please share your suggestions.

re: Should I switch to TATA Docomo 3G From Vodafone 3G?

Dude I am from Delhi, I don’t know how these service provider company works in Pune. But in Delhi Tata Docomo service is horrible, previously I had Airtel and Vodafone but after the Mobile number portability I switched to Docomo from Airtel. But after that I am continuously suffering with it oice quality is very poor and the net speed is very low as compared to Airtel and Vodafone. So dude in my advice don’t switch from Vodafone to Docomo.

I was also a Vodafone user when it was known as Hutch at that time I switched to Airtel because Hutch charges was quite high as compared to other service provider and it had very less number of tariff schemes but now even Vodafone has very good and cheap tarrif schemes and the service is very good. Service providers like Docomo, Uninor have large number of customers because they are giving very cheap tariffs but they are also degrading their service by poor customer service, dropped call etc. So mate stay with Vodafone.

Well guys I had bought a Tata Docomo to test its service on my phone and about dropped calls and poor connectivity I found it better as compared to Vodafone. I tested signal on my Android phone it given me -55dBm to -60dBm and Vodafone shown me -87dBm to -95dBm lesser dBm is the better and on UMTS/HSPDA for 3G it was quite same but Tata Docomo have good service for 3G as compared to Vodafone in many cities.

If you are looking cheap tariffs then go for Docomo since you have Mobile number portability we can give it a try or use any of your friends Docomo SIM card in your area so will get the connectivity in your area. And major factor as you are looking for better 3G service go for Docomo because it has 3G connectivity in more number of cities compare to other service providers and even I using Docomo and voice quality is very good I didn’t find any problem in that.

Re: Should I switch to TATA Docomo 3G From Vodafone 3G?

Well that’s so nice of you guys as I said Docomo has better coverage area in Pune now and I got quite balanced review in this post in comparison between Vodafone and Tata Docomo but as I am facing little bit problem in my area with Vodafone and Tata Docomo has better 3G network as well in many cities in India so I am thinking to give it to try because I need high speed internet on my cell phone as well so getting a good 3G network will be the btter option. Anyways guys thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

If its upon my thinking you must switch on to tata docomo because rather than its speed is better than vodafone but its services are much cheaper than vodafone and i was using vodafone from past 4 years but the service what i got in docomo was much better than vodafone so u must take a chance with docomo.

playboy8968 Guest

My suggestion would be get continued with vodofone3g. Eventhough docomo is bit cheaper than vodofone , the network is too congested and won't get constant speeds all the time.
    Im using vodofone for past 8 years.....for data usage since transformed from hutch to vodofone.
    Speeds are standard all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jOsHuO View Post
    Hello guys I am from Pune, currently I am a Vodafone customer and I planning to change my service provider as I heard that network coverage area of Tata Docomo is constantly increasing in Pune and also as Tata Docomo have better 3G plans and it also have good sound clarity through WCDMA. And as Tata wasn’t involved in 2G scam I am thinking to go with this company rather than paying to an UK based company. Guys please share your suggestions.
    DOCOMO's network is horrible and mEven Customer service is very poor.