Thread: why is Airtel insisting the customer to take 98 rupees Edge plan

why is Airtel insisting the customer to take 98 rupees Edge plan

Hello friends, I am having a certain issue in my Airtel connection that I am using, I have this connection around three years ago and I have used this in all the mode right from the mobile internet till the 3g services that is been provided, I have seen that the services that were been provided is been not that good and it also have many problem in it, as I was continuing with this plan only, I suddenly got an mail from the Airtel saying that to discontinue using 3G and go back to the Edge plan that were previously used by me , I don’t know why are they doing like this and what is the problem in using 3G services in it.

Re: why is Airtel insisting the customer to take 98 rupees Edge plan

Hello there, I am surprised that Airtel people are doing this to the customers, since they are the best in providing all kind of the services, that they are currently giving except for the 3G ones, the 3G services which I thought would be the best from the Airtel side went a flop show for providing the services in it, as I am also using the Airtel service, I have never got any such mail, I think that this must be the issue with the bad services that were provided from them in the 3G and they have now quit in the battle of giving good service for their customers.

Hey I think that you are right in this thing the 98 rupees plan is just not done when you are using the laptop or the Pc for surfing the internet connection, I have seen that in the Edge plan the amount of the memory provided is around 2GB and also it claims that it is an unlimited plan, if you are using the mobile to connect to the internet then it is okay to use so much of the validity that has been provided to you, but if you are using the pc or the Laptop then it will make difference in the usage, I think this is a plan from the Airtel people to try that most of the people do not use 3G as many of the problem is been present in it in the current technology that is been present.

Hello there, I also got this kind of the mail from the Airtel people and it seem that they only are not sure of about what are they doing, when I sent a reply on the same mail, I did not get any of the response from them, since waiting for the reply I thought of giving a call to the customer care and find out what is the actual problem in it, but no clue from their side too. When I asked the reason from them they told me that it is the decision take from the high people and the reason for now is not been provided to us only. So I think that they want to make the people beg at their feet about to get the service so that the demand of the product will be gone higher than ever, that they have decided.

Hi, I think you all are right, Airtel is just loosing many of the customers from their side, according to me they just focus on the profit and the increment that they get it from the customers, I have seen that they were proudly displaying on the banner and other services that the Airtel people has also captured the area of the srilanka and all that stuff, but the main thing is that the amount of services that they are providing is not the best, I have seen that the introduction of the number portability shows that the amount of people leaving Airtel and going to other service provider is been higher. So you too change the service provider of yours.