Thread: 10mbps speed on huawei umg 1831 using bsnl 3g

10mbps speed on huawei umg 1831 using bsnl 3g

Hi, I checked the speed on UMG huawei 1831 using BSNL 3G SIM on various speed tester websites. I come to know that my speed is more than 10 Mbps, but while downloading any file using download manager I can see that I am getting only 700KBPS, which means only 6mbps. I keep checking my internet speed but I never got the speed above 10mbps. What may be the problem friend? Why I am getting two different values. If any help, please suggest me.

Re: 10mbps speed on huawei umg 1831 using bsnl 3g

Hello friend I have read your problem regarding the variation in the speed. It does not sound the problem of huawei umg 1831 modem problem. Because you are getting the 5 to 6 mbps only while downloading from the download manager. From my point of view the web site you are using to download has limited the speed for it download. Try to download something else from other website. You will get different download speed. It’s all depending upon the websites.

As in the above post, I think same there is no problem of the modem. Modem only passes the signal it receives. There may be the problem your download manager you are using for the download. Check the setting in the download manager. You may set the download speed to 6 mbps. So change it to max speed. This is set while download manager setup. So please go through it.

Hello friend I am agree with the above post. It does not sound the problem of modem. Both the solution in above post is perfect. There may be the issue with your download manager so keep it “10mbps LAN connection” for download speed. It is not problem then there may be the issue of particular web site if you have checked it. If you are getting same download speed for all the web site it you are shown wrong download speed on speed tester. Otherwise you have plan of 5mbps only.

Thank you, friend for giving the reply on my post. You could make it possible for me to solve the problem. It was the problem with my download manager. I need to change the download limit from the download option. I kept it to maximum speed. Now I am getting the speed above 8 to 9 mbps now. So I would like to thanks once again for helping me out of this problem.