Thread: Airtel throttling speeds of video streaming sites

Airtel throttling speeds of video streaming sites

Hello guys I am making use of a Airtel Broadband connection at my home that is Turbo 1299 plan which provides 512Kbps in the morning and 1Mbps in the night. Now with the connection I am able to access any sites with ease at a single click within a second or a two. But when I try to access video streaming sites like . youtube, rapidshare, megavideo, megaupload, etc. Now why that is with each and every video streaming site is the access slow, can someone please help me to find the problem.

Re: Airtel throttling speeds of video streaming sites

Is this the first time that you are getting the video streaming site not to perform perfectly or is it that the problem is from the very beginning, if you have got the problem from the very beginning than what I think that there could be some kind of a connection problem from the receiving end, which is why you are not able to get the connection from the same, so you must get it check from the ISP of yours.

Hey what I think that you should Ping to the sites which you find that is taking a long time to load, if you haven’t tried it out than you must see to it that you do it. For this you will have to first go to Start Menu and go to run and over there type CMD, you will get a black screen after that and over there you will have to type the site names along with ping, this will give you the exact time of the delivery and the received time of the packets, so if there is any kind of a delay in the packets then there is a sure shot problem with the connection.

Hey have you checked whether or not you have kept some of firewall settings to a position so as to block any of the video sites, or might have even increased the privacy of your system so as to block the cookies from there, also you should always make sure that you have cleared out the cookies and the history as well as they could also be one of the reason of not getting the easy access to all the video streaming website, so try this out and see if you are able to get the site to access easily.

Guys I have contacted the Airtel customer care service and they have said that there is no such problem with the internet connection from their side, also they have mentioned me that the status of the modem and the internet connection is absolutely fine from their side, I really don’t know that why I am unable to access any of the video streaming sites, can someone suggest me some solutions to find out the problem.