Thread: Is Airtel reducing the download speed?

Is Airtel reducing the download speed?

I am having a Home Unlimited connection with 384 Kbps. When I got the new connection everything was alright but now suddenly something seems to be wrong. When I try to download some files the speed starts somewhere around 120 Kbps and then suddenly it just falls and goes down to 45-50 Kbps in few seconds. This was not happening before and has started to begin few days back. The router is beetel 220BX1.So I have a doubt that Airtel reducing the download speed. So is anyone facing with such kind of problems?

Re: Is Airtel reducing the download speed?

I feel that when you start a fresh download then the first 5 to10 KB of any download usually starts at a very high speed but then it settles down to the proper speed after sometime. I do not think that Airtel is capping speeds. As far as my knowledge at 384 kbps you should get a max download speed of 48 KB/s. And that is what you are getting. So I feel that there is no such issue of reduction in the speed. You just enjoy the speed and keep on downloading.

I think that whatever speed you are getting is a very nice speed and you should be happy with it. The speed of 384 kbps is really good and if you get anything more than that then you should consider that as bonus. But then don’t complain if the bonus that you get is not constant. I feel there is no problem at all with your speed and don’t blame on Airtel saying that it is capping the speed. Just be happy in what you are getting.

Even I have a similar connection. I have also subscribed to 384Kbps unlimited plan and believe me I getting more than what you are. I am getting at around minimum speed of 50KBps i.e. 400kbps and maximum speed of around 65KBps.By the way I would tell you that bps or kbps refers to bits or kilobits per seconds. So 384kbps is actually 384/8 = 48kBps. So I think that whatever you are using you should be happy with it.

I have been using different broadband services in India and I don’t have a good experience with all of them. First I had Reliance and then I switched to Airtel. In the beginning they will provide you with a very good speed .I had fast uploading of YouTube average size video was available and also the song download was very fast. But after some time the problem started .There was huge upload delays and even now one minute of YouTube video uploads with pauses and delays. This is really very annoying. So I feel that this might be some problem with Airtel.

I am using Airtel 4MBPS plan and from past six days I am getting only 25 kbps download speed and I have checked my Airtel account and I still have 21 GB left. The customer care service also doesn’t give you a proper response. They never seem to be interested to solve your problem and sometimes I feel that they don’t even understand the problem. So now I am very much annoyed with their service and I am planning to quit their services.