Thread: Speed of Airtel EDGE

Speed of Airtel EDGE

You know that Bharti Airtel is the pioneer in the Telecom industry in India. They have provided various plans to get the maximum customer satisfaction. Enhanced Data Rate for Global Evolutions that is EDGE is the one step beyond which it can be then that of usual. One can transfer all the data with really great speed. I am looking for an opinion to on the EDGE network and speed of the same. Let me know your opinion it as early as possible.

Re: Speed of Airtel EDGE

I let you know that currently the speed which is provided by the Airtel is quite good that is around of 200KBPS when you are transferring the data. Airtel has already come out with the great end speed connection which allows you to do wide range of the activities by using the handset of yours. If you are having expensive cell phone and unable to make use of the features of it then EDGE is the most reliable solution for you. According to me you must have Airtel EDGE feature in the cell phone of yours.

Well I have just checked the EDGE Speed of both Airtel and TATA DOCOMO. I have done the test using speed test and I have got maximum speed of 10KBPS. However i got speed of 10 to 25 KBPS in TATA DOCOMO. So I recommend TATA DOCOMO for the people who are looking for the good experience of browsing while connecting there mobile with the computers of them. I don’t recommend Airtel EDGE for that particular purpose.

As far as I know all the service provider like Airtel, Idea are providing maximum speed of 32 KBPS on both EDGE as well as GPRS. According to me it is not possible to get the speed of 200KBPS in the EDGE or GPRS. I am having HSPDA Enable Mobile but still I am getting maximum speed of 5 to 15KBPS. If your network provider is not supporting for the 32KBPS then you will not be able to get 3.2KBPS speed on EDGE as well as GPRS.

I let you know that network generations HSDPA will work with the 3G service only. It is not dependent on the handset which you are using but it is based on the tower of the network provider. If you are having a mobile which can support for the GPRS then you will not be able to get the speed of 3G on the mobile phone of yours. If your phone is EDGE enabled then you will get the speed of EDGE only.