Thread: How to activate Call conference in RIM

How to activate Call conference in RIM

I am using RIM services and I am always in constant touch with my clients. But the problem is that I just can’t talk with more than two people simultaneously. So for this I need to activate the Call conference in my RIM. So I just need to know how to activate the call conference in RIM. If anyone have a trick for call conference in RIM then get back to me immediately. If it happens then it will be very useful to me.

Re: How to activate Call conference in RIM

I can understand your requirement but I didn’t get you when you said that you need a trick for this. What kind of trick do you require for this? There is no such trick available to activate Call conference in RIM. I am sure that this facility will be available in your phone itself and you just have to activate it manually. So you just need to check your settings and get the call conference activated on your phone.

What type of account you are using. Is it a pre-paid account or a post-paid account. If it’s a prepaid account then it won’t be possible for you to activate call conference on your phone. According to me the call conference is not available in prepaid account .Its only available in postpaid account. And I think that same is the case with Tata and Virgin .They too five the call conference feature to post paid accounts. So you just need to check if it is true or not.

Thank you for your replies. First I’ll let you know that it’s a pre-paid account. And even I think that I can’t activate it due to the pre-paid account which I have. I had searched a little to see what the problem is. Before this if anyone deactivated the clip facility and then activates the call waiting option then it was possible to get the call conference in pre-paid but now Reliance has stopped deactivating the clips. So we don’t get the call conference on pre-paid. So actually the main problem exists there itself.

I am also sure that you just can’t activate call conference on your phone if it’s a pre-paid account. They just allow you to do it in the post-paid account. It can't be activated as call conference is more of a network feature than a handset one. So you need to convert from pre-paid to post-paid and then you can activate the call conference on your phone. This procedure won’t take much time. You just need to inform them that you need to switch from prepaid to post paid by telling them the reason.

Thank you for all your replies. It helped me to fix my problem. The solution for this was to switch from prepaid to post paid. I followed the same steps that you had mentioned and I called them and told the reason for switch. And to my surprise I immediately got the response. Now I got the call conference in RIM activated. And now I can communicate with more than two people at a time. So I would like to once again appreciate you for your response.